Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Great service from ebay seller Aijii

Default Great service from ebay seller Aijii

hello everyone and sorry that my first post is not a good post.

purchased these 15k scanners

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6720&rd=1&rd=1

and in the auction i had to pay $80 post and packaging, when i received the parcel from UPS today i had to pay another £22 that about $42 to receive the parcel, as the seller didnt pay postage!!!!!

so what the hell did i pay the $80 for????

avoid this seller people, he rips you off.

and as for the instructions on how to put it all together!!! useless, i binned them as they was no point in them what so ever. i asked a friend who has the same set and he told me how to set them up.

once working they are amazing and well impressed with them, just a shame about the service i got.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Whoa... Is it the sellers responsability to cover duty costs? I ordered a set of scanpro30s and have been very happy with the scanners and the seller. dave has given me much help and support for my scanners. Did you try and contact aijii or dave?

Actuall, how would your package make it to you without postage being paid?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Andy;

Did you try to contact aijii about your problems? He is a member here on PhotonLexicon, and from what I've seen of him your post sounds quite out of character for the man.

The instructions are probably the ones that come from China, and I've been told that they aren't terribly detailed. However, I feel certain that you could have gotten help from aijii had you asked...

Finally, you do realize that aijii is in australia, and that the galvo's come from China, right? So we're talking about shipping something 1/2 way around the globe. True, I thought that the shipping quoted in the auction would have included any taxes or import fees (or are we talking about VAT?), so I am at a loss to explain why you were charged extra. But, again, what did aijii say when you contacted him about the additional shipping charges?

Hopefully aijii will log in soon and see your post. Maybe there is an explanation.

Adam

i did indeed e-mail the seller and no i didnt know he was a member on here.

i hate to moan at people, but...

i have received stuff from all over the world and never once have i had to pay duty tax. ive sent stuff half way round the world and it does not cost $80 from the UK, plus another £22 on delivery

i luv the scanners fantastic bit of kit, like i said im just not impressed with the service i got.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

What was the response back to your email? dave usually replies back to a PM in less than a day here. It seems shipping here to the US is different that other places so I'm not srue about duties and things like that. I just have heard other countries have to pay em.

allthat:

Yeah, Andy_con is in the UK... They do have some additional import taxes there that we don't have; maybe they aren't paid by the seller/shipper.

I know that aijii and Dave have sold their galvos to other members of PhotonLexicon that live in Europe, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this sort of problem. Which is what makes me think that there has been some kind of mix-up... They've got great feedback, and many positive comments about their business here on the forum. This just doesn't sound like them...

Andy - it's OK to moan if you've gotten a bad deal. But perhaps there has just been a missunderstanding - one that can yet be corrected. Let's wait for aijii (or Dave) to chime in here. They'll probably be able to help with the problem.

Adam

Hi All,

If I am not mistaken, those scanners are made by a Chinese company called LaTu (pronounced Lay Two). They advertise 10 or 15K performance, but a client of ours sent us his projector and he had these scanners inside. When they are tuned *properly* (for critical damping), they only do 8K. Also, the scan angle is severely limited...

There is another Chinese company called PR-Laser. As I understand it, they make pretty good scanners.

Best regards,

William Benner
    Pangolin Laser Systems

It is usual for us to have to pay import tax in the uk.

If the parcel comes via Royal Mail, we have to pay the import duty (VAT @ 17.5% plus an additional charge for the RM to collect it) before they will deliver it.

If it comes via DHL we get a bill 3 or 4 months later for the duty.

It our government that stings us for it, its not daves or aijii fault.

I've dealt with dave and his service is fantastic.

Jim

"If I am not mistaken, those scanners are made by a Chinese company called LaTu (pronounced Lay Two). They advertise 10 or 15K performance, but a client of ours sent us his projector and he had these scanners inside. When they are tuned *properly* (for critical damping), they only do 8K. Also, the scan angle is severely limited... "

Maybe so, but I only paid $200 for my set and that included shipping. Find me as good of scanners for that price and then we'll talk.

Wow man I've had nothing but good help from them. They know what they are talking about and helped me when I needed it. They are a nice couple of guys trying to make it in this hobby world. I give them nothing but good credit.