Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM -14 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 5-6-7th of April 2013

Cheers for having me you guys! Sorry about the police! Next time i ll make sure to avoid the road entirely! Loved all the lasers...
    peace
    will

Was a pleasure to meet you Will. Glad you got back safely
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Discoordination View Post
    Cheers for having me you guys! Sorry about the police! Next time i ll make sure to avoid the road entirely! Loved all the lasers...
    peace
    will
    Talking of police.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img_3916_2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	37748
    He couldn't have stood in a better/worse position
    Alignment courtesy of Adrian (Dilbert)

Nice to see you all again and nice to see the new people too.

Just a few pics from my phone...

Name:	IMG_4247.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	37749

Name:	IMG_4248.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	37750

Name:	IMG_4249.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	37751

Name:	IMG_4251.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	37752

Name:	IMG_4254.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	37753
    "An instant without duration"
    www.grahamthorne.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by robotarmy View Post
    OMG LASERS
    seriously, you guys all ROCK!
    Correction Ryan - You rock!

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    the meets are nothing without everyone.
    Well said con.

Great to see everyone again (and meet some new faces - its always good to put a face to a voice - Mike and Will) and see loads of new and interesting stuff - loved the CVL and Steves Argon/Hene projector - bloody marvellous!
    And that moment when the first flash of green appeared from the infinity will remain clear in my mind for a long time to come.
    Looking forward to the next one

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks for the great weekend, great to see so much gas lasers, learned a lot, hope to be there again september or next year!

Hey Guys,

First of all: A big thank you to you all, for making the weekend fantastic like these weekends are.
    Reinder and myself had a blast. Although i was in the hall less then normal due to the ears acting up i found my safe haven in the kitchen.
    Together with my friend Reinder, the tools of Jim and lots of help from Rob and advice from all others i was able to finish my "gayzer" (as VJErnst calls them ;-) aka the pink Laser. Unfortunately our friend Tony Aztec couldn't make it to this meet, hope to see him in September.
    This morning i already booked the ship inn hotel and saw 2 others did the same (Jem and Adrian) ;-)

Thanks go out to the following:

Jim, for organising yet a great LEM, the great deal you made with the weathergods
    Reinder (8dot) for accompanying me on this trip, his great help with the build and all around niceness.
    Rob (Stanwax) for the excellent man that he is, the fun he makes with/about me and all the help and nicely priced HQ products he sells.
    Rob (YAG) for the nice evening out and dinner in the Indian restaurant
    Adrian B. for the fun, the nice conversations we had and the bottles of Mountain Dew.
    Adrian T. for all the electronics advice as always, the evening before the event started dinner and for shining a cop in the arse ;-)
    Pockels for coming along with Adrian, i always like talking to you, hope to see you in September, too bad your stay was so short.
    Daniel for the allround niceness, the fun, the good deal on the mirror mounts
    Jem for all the advice on optics and tips on cleaning the surfaces and the nice deal on the Chauvet DMX controller
    Kevin for the nice man that he is.
    Graham for the cool tunes all weekend, without a hitch keeping the tracks spinning day and night.
    Carl for the nice synthy tunes and showing the new and improved laserharp.
    Chris Badger for explaining all about his new case and red modules.
    Mark for bringing the nice kit and fun talks in the kitchen (call me when you go to Amsterdam)
    Same goes for P1tbull , thanks for the advice and fun in the kitchen.
    Andycon of course for all help with the build, the small m3/m4 screws needed to nicely finish of the new projector.
    Mike Chuffed to bits for being the new guy, coming over and for having fun conversations, nice talking to you.
    Will for walking all the way from a trainstation far, far, away having his arrival announced by Police hahahah...you rock man.
    Ryan aka Robotarmy for bringing all the good stuff, talks about hackerspaces and camps and being allround nice dude (to say it in your own words: you fuckin' rock dude!)
    Nige ofcourse for the Kiwi flavor he brings to the meets, fun and humor and all the heavy stuff (and for selling that footpedal to my buddy Reinder!)
    Steve Laserhobbit for bringing that cool Inifinity, being nice guy. Hope i didn't take up too much of the space in the kitchen. Will lookout for sawdust in the future near your expensive equipment man, again i am sorry for filing/drilling in the kitchen !

I'd probably forgotten someone, sorry if i did.

Again, you all make the LEMs to what they are: cool, informative and relaxed atmosphere to learn, share and show others.
    I thank you all for making my buddy Reinder feel at home and welcome.
    Next time i hope to be less time in the kitchen and more in the hall, although these weekends really help me to focus and fix the projector instead of looking at the parts for weeks (what... MONTHS) at home sitting in a box. So i might be building something next time i presume, wouldn't be the same if i didn't i think.
    Hope i didn't annoy anyone by the space i took, i know a lot of people want to fix stuff, especially with professional help of Rob, Adrian and Andy (now they're there you can ask for help). For me that is no exception only now with my eartrouble it made it worse, with the music on i could hardly understand.

With a great weekend behind us i am already looking towards the September meet.
    If anyone is going to Pro light and Sound, i am going on Saturday 13th of April. Let me know, else until September meet.

Kind regards,
    Dimitri
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Man I bummed I missed this one, sound like it was the usual fun, Dimmers sorry I could not make it, specially as you put sooo much effort to be there. I was looking forward to seeing you after the LEM in the Netherlands.

I would of loved to seen Steve's yag running, after the disappointment of the last attempt, also seeing some of the kit Ryan brought, and what the hell where the police doing there!!

Chris, did you run your new 10 -12 watter?

Glad you all had a great time, keep the pics coming. See you all in September.

Tony
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

the police wanted to speak to rob about allegations of him impersonating barry scott to try obtain free products
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Talking of police.

Name:	Img_3916_2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	37748
    He couldn't have stood in a better/worse position
    Alignment courtesy of Adrian (Dilbert)
    I wonder if you can get arrested for burning a hole in a coppers trousers?

Just a thought.