Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM -14 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 5-6-7th of April 2013

Well done to both of you, an uphill struggle in the face of adversity, but it looks like you've made real progress
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

All,

What more can I say Such a real big thanks to Lord Stanwax. also Ryan for the on the spot diagnosis of the problem, really impressive !

But to see the light

Pictures in the morning, phone now ran out of charge. I guess the YAG will make its third trip to the LEM in September

Thanks to all my friends

Steve

I'm Glad it hasn't gone to the great laser gig in the sky.

If there is light still then there is hope.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Just a happy footnote - Laserhobbit has been over today and we have fixed the leak on the infinity YAG. We drilled out the hole that was causing the problem - made it deeper and re-tapped it to accept a longer metric bolt with a plain shank. This as Ryan pionted out would move the loading in the area so now the screw compresses the cracked area rather than trying to pull it open. The crack was also milled out a little so we can load it with epoxy as a seal and six m3 holes were placed to allow fixing a cover plate over the area. We hooked it up to my laserscope chiller and pumped it with water - no leaks at all and thats without epoxy OR the cover plate in place. The compression of the hairline by the longer screw is enough to keep it sealed
    Both Steve and I are very happy especially as we then fired it up and got some lovely green light out. It still a fraction of what its capable of but its a start.
    Very pleased

Rob

This literally made my morning!! I'm so glad you guys got it up and running I really do have a special place in my heart for that laser, and I'm so glad I could be of assistance!!

Happy Ryan!! Can't wait to see it again!

Happy Rob n Steve too
    Theres a long way to go with it and its only generating a fraction of its rated power but it proves there are green photons locked in there, and im sure they are eager to escape and I intend to do all I can to encourage them out
    In the long run I think it will be a good idea to swap all the bolts for the longer ones, it makes much more sense to have the plain shank and the thread is twice as long too.
    Still only run up to about 2/3 of the possible current but while the lamp hours are unkown we aint gonna push it. Change the lamp, sort the rod, give the whole thing a bloody good clean and go over and tweak the KTP in and lets see where we get to. Will be nice to turn up at Surfleet in Sept and turn it on and point it at the sky!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

All,

Still very happy and so I thought I would share some pics. sorry about the quality, just from my phone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1photo.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	37814

Name:	2photo.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	37815

More to follow

Cheers

Steve
    Last edited by Laserhobbit; 04-14-2013 at 05:23.

All,

More YAG pics

Name:	4photo.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	37816

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	37817

Name:	5photo.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	37818

Name:	6photo.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	37819

AND, my favorite, Cheers Rob , says it all !!!

Name:	8photo2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	650.5 KB 
ID:	37820

I like the last pic for obvious reasons but the first is also good as next to my left arm you can just see the appropriate car number plate

Rob
    Last edited by stanwax; 04-14-2013 at 04:54.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

All,

I guess this YAG is highjacking this thread a bit. So I have started a new one. Please come and follow progress, help and comment. It just seems wrong to take this thread way off course, sorry. Just the last 24 hours have been monumental. But the journey has just begun. The next stop re this thread will hopefully be a lot of green light in Surfleet in September, heres hoping

Cheers agin to everyone who has helped and offered support. But this is not an Oscar speech so enough said

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...757#post257757

Cheers

Steve

So, it's taken a while to get round to posting about last weeks shenanigans...
    Had a great weekend with all the usual motley crew and a few new faces...Have to say a big thanks to Chris (Badger1666) who spent most of Friday running a meter over my breakout boards. Hopefully next time, I'll just turn up with 5 fully working systems... Ha ha, one can live in hope Also big thanks to Jim for your hard work making this happen for us...

Anyhow, I'm not going to waffle about how great it all is, suffice to say, if you haven't been to a LEM before, get yourself down there...

Here are some video clips I stuck together of my 5 watt RGB's and Dan's 13 watt RGB's. I'm sure you can work out which is which... None of this is timed to music, I just dubbed it with a suitable track. And No Jem, it's not Rivers Of Babylon ...

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by Insanity; 04-14-2013 at 09:43.