Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scanner Problems

Great explanation Steve.... Mine must have fixed itself.... I'm not complaining
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    Great explanation Steve.... Mine must have fixed itself.... I'm not complaining
    Quote:

"Trust but Verify.."

Said by Ronald Wilson Regan..

Steve

..ok, so 2 more months go by and they had gotten allot worse...they were messing up at 12k 50% on x.... so I went out and got these... http://www.ebay.com/itm/400099170085...84.m1439.l2649 ... replacing this on the x and y drivers seems to have fixed everything... I have been testing for 1 hour at 30k 90% on x axis and its working great again.... These will go out on tour next weekend, so that will be the real test.

-Brooks
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green

kgblasers.com

Interesting - so your polyswitches were cutting off below normal current, eh? That's a new one. Don't think I've ever heard of anyone having that problem before.

Good that you came back and updated this thread though! I'll have to remember this little trick.

In the future, I suppose you could try measuring the average current draw of the scanner amps and see if it's close to the limit for the polyswitch. If it's significantly lower, and the switch still cuts the amp off, then that's positive indication that the polyswitch is going bad.

I'm just amazed that you can run Quickshow at 90% of full scan angle at 30K! You must have the input gain on your scan amps turned way down... My scanners start to raise hell if I get much above 65%.

Adam

ya ...i can do beams 90% 30k on the set I fixed(which are 40K scanners)... I left virtual LJ on and turned BPM all the way up and left it for 30ish min.

Heres the email from Jian @ DT
    Hi Brooks ,
    That is overload and the self healing fuse take effect.(see attach the self healing fuse).

Because when the fuse take effect too long,it will more sensitivity.
    solve:
    1.replace the self healing fuse(1.1Amp/ > 48V) 2.after repalce the fuse care the speed and the scan angle,don't overload.
    3.If you can't buy it,you may short it.short the fuse continue runing the scanner.
    BUT when without the fuse at the
    same time overload the scanner easy overheat and die.care the speed and angle.
    Greeting
    Jian
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green

kgblasers.com

I'm just amazed that you can run Quickshow at 90% of full scan angle at 30K!
    Why? I can run DT30's (with larger mirrors) at full angle 30k for beams. It's all about the content, not the angle. I prefer to run at 20k though for beams (and peace of mind/longevity).
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

I'm just amazed that you can run Quickshow at 90% of full scan angle at 30K! You must have the input gain on your scan amps turned way down... My scanners start to raise hell if I get much above 65%.

Adam
    Ditto.

I believe from memory 65-70% is what BB said to me is approx 60 degrees on most scanners.

Obviously slower = wider but for most the full setting is too much in QS / Beyond.