is possible to Load LD2000 show time file in beyond Timeline
    just need your help if possible
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john3626 View Post
    Hi guys
    is possible to Load LD2000 show time file in beyond Timeline
    just need your help if possible
    Thanks
    Not yet, Bill said it's coming. I'm looking forward to that feature as well!

I spoke to Pangolin a couple of weeks ago - show compatibility is on the back burner at the moment as there are loads of new things happening. However, it will happen when they have the main programme finished.

According to Pangolin forum, Beyond 2 is on the way. I presume it will be possible to import LD2000 shows soon.

I just sign a contrat for a presentation of a "timecoded" laser show (laser, video, music & moving heads). I'm now working on a VirtualDJ to Pangolin (ILDA) & DMX Fixtures plug-in. The show will be on december 7th, so i'm running out of time

Do you have any idea when the LD2000 to Beyond import feature will be available ?

They first mentioned this feature at SELEM in Aug. 2011 and I have followed up every few months. I got the impression that this "bridge" is not going to be too difficult to write, but is a pretty low priority. So, at 14 months and waiting, I am not holding my breath, but wouldn't be surprised if it was announced suddenly one day.

Smile

I agree with Eric; there is very little chance that this feature will be released anytime soon.

Pangolin is busy working on Beyond 2.0, and they are also hard at work readying their new scanners (which are due to be released in February of 2013). Given that those two projects alone are bound to be very taxing, I can't imagine that they have enough resources left to develop the translator tool for Showtime to Beyond.

I'm sure the tool will be released eventually, but I wouldn't base any business decisions around having that tool available in the near future. (Certainly not before the middle of next year at the earliest.)

If you are really concerned about it, you may want to post on the Pangolin forum, or better yet - send an e-mail to Bill at Pangolin. (Be sure to use their web-based comment submission form, which you can find here.)

Adam

Thank you so much guys for you valuable comments specially Adam
    Best

Is there any news about the bridge ld2000?

It is certainly possible. Bill has stated in public that they do intend to release a tool that will allow Showtime shows to be loaded and played from within Beyond.

But as I said above, it's not a priority for Pangolin right now. Bill has made it very clear that it's not something they have time to work on right now. (Even though it *is* possible and *will* be released at some point in the future.) For now, they have two very important projects in the works: Beyond version 2.0, and the new Pangolin-branded scanners. Those two projects are probably consuming all available resources at the moment.

If I had to guess, I would estimate that the bridge tool won't be released before next summer, at the earliest.

Adam