Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First 'Proper' H2

Default My First 'Proper' H2

Hi all

Just thought i'd pop this on here for history's sake

It's a photo of my very first, recently completed H2 Hologram, and the culmination of an awful lot of work on my holography setup. It's a lovely golden colour and is nice and clear. The 'real' image is excellent and the image really stands out from the film. However, the object lighting was a little uneven and that has resulted in the image fading away at the bottom. I have now improved my object lighting so this should improve my future holograms.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	24871

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

i really really try so hard NOT to try my hand on holography, as i know i will be opening a whole new can of worms

but posts like this make me all itchy! very nive work mr jem. i like it a lot
    "its called character briggs..."

Looks awesome !

I don't think you've ever posted a picture of your holography setup, it would be just as interesting to see as the result.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Looks awesome !

I don't think you've ever posted a picture of your holography setup, it would be just as interesting to see as the result.

i second that!! eager to see

Photo's of my setup...

If anything's not clear let me know and i'll try to explain it.

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 05-04-2011 at 11:21.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    If anything's not clear let me know and i'll try to explain it.

to make it easier on you... WTF are all this bits and pieces??????

don't even bother answering sir jem, i am just admiring this set up

Haha, yes... I guess it does look a bit complicated doesn't it

It's not as bad as it looks though - honest

I've tried to design the layout so there is minimal setting up between making H1's and H2's. I also wanted to make it as easy as possible to reproduce holograms, so that if something good happens (ie, I get a good one) I can reproduce it .

Awesome Jem.

Looks like a very expensive set up.

Do I take it from the subject that you're going to do one of these for your local church or was it just a model you fancied reproducing?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Awesome Jem.
    Thanks

Looks like a very expensive set up.
    Probably not as bad as you think, i've made quite a lot of the bits and pieces myself including the Spatial Filter mounts, overhead mirror mounts, plate holders etc. However, the Newport mounts were purchased as were the actual spatial filters. The beamsplitter is also home made. I'm using a red PBS (from Rob) and halfwave plates from the recent group buy here on PL. The mount is made from aluminium and the little handles you can see are for adjusting the beam ratio and the output polarisation.

Do I take it from the subject that you're going to do one of these for your local church or was it just a model you fancied reproducing?
    Nah, nothing to do with Church. I was just walking past a shop and saw it in the window, I thought to myself that it would make a good holography model as it was matt white, had a good depth, was a reasonably interesting subject and was exactly the right size.

Cheers

Jem

I have no Idea how... but it's Bloody awesome!
    GLC Lighting & Laser Show

x2 680mW RGB
    x1 800mW RGY
    x2 100mW Green

http://glclighting.co.uk