Here is the announcement for a show opening this Friday in Chicago. The 2 artists have been my friends for over 30 years, and I have the evil Gallery 1134 (aka Fine Arts Research and Holographic Center, aka Chicago Museum of Holography) to blame.

Rick Bruck was one of my students there in the '80's, and in spite of that he still makes holograms. If you need some pulsed ruby laser work, contact him, as he has a one Joule JK laser.

Larry Zgoda was one of the CETA workers there and we bonded when I noticed him filing a hole in a door panel. I looked at him and said "We shove the poles in the holes" ( a line from the Devo song, Smart Patrol "Smart Patrol, nowhere to go, suburban robots who monitor reality. Common stock, we work around the clock, we shove the poles in the holes!") and he recognized it, and we realized that we were birds of a feather.

Larry's work is sophisticated stainless glass, sometimes no colors at all, only textures, very optical. Check out his site: larryzgodastudio.com/

Light Play
An Exhibit presented by Hesperidian gallery
September 27th - October 31st, 2012
Featuring holograms by Richard Bruck
& stained glass by Larry Zgoda
Preview (Media and Invited Guests):
Thursday, September 27th, 6 to 8 pm
RSVP: 847-682-3718
Opening Reception:
Friday, September 28th, 6 to 10 pm
Running Concurrently:
Coyote: The Wicker Park/Bucktown