Thread: do it again conversion

Default do it again conversion

Hi, can someone help me to convert this video
    http://youtu.be/ZpewmLG_8wA
    to ilda format?
    I tried but i get the two silhouette dirtied with all those textures, i tried to remove them manually frame by frame...but is a very long work

thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post

lmopqrstuvwyz
    nope, i was joking -_-

Lightbulb

Sorry, didn't mean to come-across 'mean', but.. your post was about the equivalent of those people that *stand* at the end of the street, holding a 'WILL WORK FOR FOOD' sign.. Really? Then show-me.. Come, at least knock on my door, and offer some-demonstration of that, vs just standing there with a hand-extended..

..Again - not trying to be 'mean', but, there's an awful lot of people that just show-up to this forum, and within the first 5-posts, 'can you help me convert this or that' or 'where's the FTP-creds' / where's the coookie-jar hidden??; I need this logo-converted, NOW!!' etc - and have no-idea it's gonna be like 10-15 or more HOURS for someone to do a proper-job, with 'clean-up' / optimization, etc..

You might, at least, a) introduce yourself, 'hi, my name is; I've been learning about lasers since; I have this or that, etc'; b) at least make an attempt to offer *something* for all-of what you are asking from people... Maybe you don't 'have a lot of $$' - maybe you do.. no one knows, because all there is is a Post #3, asking for people to spend 10+ hrs to do your work for you.... Much-better to even-say '..can someone help please teach me how I-can convert this properly, with all the 'noise' in it?' etc.. Can you see my 'point', or am I just 'being an *'..

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man how to fish, you feed him for..." I think (I hope.. you know the rest..

cheers!
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

oh i thought your comment was about the video itself being the official video for the chemical brothers
    (i would have thought they could do a lot better)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to come-across 'mean', but.. your post was about the equivalent of those people that *stand* at the end of the street, holding a 'WILL WORK FOR FOOD' sign.. Really? Then show-me.. Come, at least knock on my door, and offer some-demonstration of that, vs just standing there with a hand-extended..

..Again - not trying to be 'mean', but, there's an awful lot of people that just show-up to this forum, and within the first 5-posts, 'can you help me convert this or that' or 'where's the FTP-creds' / where's the coookie-jar hidden??; I need this logo-converted, NOW!!' etc - and have no-idea it's gonna be like 10-15 or more HOURS for someone to do a proper-job, with 'clean-up' / optimization, etc..

You might, at least, a) introduce yourself, 'hi, my name is; I've been learning about lasers since; I have this or that, etc'; b) at least make an attempt to offer *something* for all-of what you are asking from people... Maybe you don't 'have a lot of $$' - maybe you do.. no one knows, because all there is is a Post #3, asking for people to spend 10+ hrs to do your work for you.... Much-better to even-say '..can someone help please teach me how I-can convert this properly, with all the 'noise' in it?' etc.. Can you see my 'point', or am I just 'being an *'..

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man how to fish, you feed him for..." I think (I hope.. you know the rest..

cheers!
    j
    ops, sorry, i forgot the presentation part..
    Hi to all, I'm Simon from Italy, not much to say about me...
    I have many hobbies including, since a couple of years, lasers.
    Last year I bought a small 100mw green laser and a galvo kit with a dmx showcard on ebay, then i built an homemade dr.lava soundcard dac (I redid the electrical layout with the permission of dr.lava, so if someone need the copper layer or gerber file for home producing it i can send it)
    I've tried to do something (aka playing premade laser show) with all free software i've found around, I use HE laserscan V and OLA or Samogon LaserEditor for some logo conversion
    I was planning to buy spaghetti sometime ago, but for now i'm very low on budget, so i'm trying to work with the software I already have
    ..coming to the part of the conversion
    I noticed that do it again video is theoretically suitable for a "rapid" conversion, so I split the video in 1 frame per second .jpg pics and I converted them with "automatic vector tracer" then i started correcting each frame with samogon laser editor for deleting those texture, and also I've cut only one of the two dancing man, cause I think my poor galvos won't be able to reproduce both of them decently.
    So now I have 12 mini ilda clip i'm slowly correcting by hand, but then I need to put them together (I don't know how) in one ilda file, and finally with He-laserscan I can build the ilda show
    sorry then for my unpolite-hurry, if it's possible for some of you to help me in some way it' would be wonderful..unfortunately for me I can't offer $$, but if I can I would be happy to help you in whatever way you want =)

This video is hard to convert in it because the characters are highlighted by color.
    If you decrease the saturation of the video, the characters practically disappear.
    I used the VST program, but the result was bad.
    The VST need the characters are highlighted by the gloss, and not color.