Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bought an iShow usb dac controller cant find drivers :-(

i am no fan of ishow and its dac but when i started this hobby it was the first i got my hands on and i have to say, for what it was build for worked on xp, vista and win7. With the provided ishow software and with spaghetti which was great before moving to quickshow.
    Please check if you have the drivers in a folder and from the hardware list, if you see the device being unrecognized, manually point it to the right driver. This did the trick for me.
    Hope it helps.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

I do see the device as unrecognized. I point it manually to the folder in both win7 and win xp and neither accepts the driver folder as valid drivers

and, just to be sure, you have the ishow drivers availlable in the folder you are looking for, so you could force them to load for the unrecognized ishow dac.

if not and you are just pointing to the windows driver folder it will not find the drivers since automatically installing them failed also.

please make sure, you can find them in the forum, look for ishow driver and there are plenty of posts with links to the files, unpack the driver into a folder on your pc, connect the ishow dac, open hardware list of devices, double click the ishow dac, manually attach the drivers for your version of windows and reboot.
    this should do the trick.

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by spectrabrite View Post
    I do see the device as unrecognized. I point it manually to the folder in both win7 and win xp and neither accepts the driver folder as valid drivers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Im not sure how to manually attach. Every time I try to attach the folder it says the files are not recognized. I have downloaded the driver folder and used the driver folder on the cd that came withe the product

Hello,
    Everyone !

The main technicain who worked out the iShow now is working at our company,
    our company has the original database of the iShow.

Please do not buy the copy iShow from other manufactures,
    the driver always can't work . (iShow only have the driver for WIN7 and XP 32bits system computer).

Here is the photo for you :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iShow.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	42592

Default Hi.Pleased to get your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by zorn View Post
    What do you mean?
    Arent others just resellers?

Some Chinese factories buy iShow from us,
    others copy iShow themselves, these softwares usually have some problem .

Quote Originally Posted by xinyulaser View Post
    Hello,
    Everyone !

The main technicain who worked out the iShow now is working at our company,
    our company has the original database of the iShow.
    Hi

If your company now own the rights to Ishow, do you have any plans to make a win7 64bit driver for the DAC? Are there any plans to update the software/hardware to true analogue control? Are there any plans to improve this much maligned bit of kit at all?
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

I also would like to know if there are any chance of a 64bit driver for the IShow dac.Really tired of using Spaghetti with limited memory available due to the 32 bit limitation.
    I am actually willing to pay a few dollars for it as long as it works at 64bit windows, and guessing a lot of other ishow owners also are willing to pay some.

It has been a while since i installed the driver, but remeber that i had to force the driverinstallation. It was no stright forward deal. You will get a lot of warnings along the way, but i guess it is the only way.

__________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Default i SHow

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMax View Post
    Hi

If your company now own the rights to Ishow, do you have any plans to make a win7 64bit driver for the DAC? Are there any plans to update the software/hardware to true analogue control? Are there any plans to improve this much maligned bit of kit at all?
    Hi, Colin,

Thank you for your post.
    We have plan to updated iShow to work with every computer system,
    but it needs time , and at present , more and more people like to buy Quick Show.
    we are also thinking that if we work out the new version,it will have market or not.

Best regards,
    Lily Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrabrite View Post
    When you say "Valid Driver" are you referring to the windows security message that comes up? if so, ignore it and install the driver anyway. It's only a Microsoft message telling you that the driver has not been approved by them. It just looks ominous due to the bright red colour scheme!

Edit! Just realised the original post was 2012! Still if anyone is following the original post because you are having similar issues, I hope this information is useful to you.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!