Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bought an iShow usb dac controller cant find drivers :-(

Hi all

The picture posted by Xinyulaser, shows a link to a web site (DropBox). I've just been there and it contains the IshowII software and driver files but there is an issue with the page (see pic below)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ishow.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	42635

The area highlighted by the green box is where you need to put your mouse pointer in order to download the file from that line. your pointer will turn into a hand with extended index finger when you are in the right spot. This link takes you to another page where you will get a download option.

All the files are .Rar files. The top file is named as 'drivers.rar' (xp most likely). The next 4 are the IShowII software in split .rar (just extract the 1st one and Rar will do the rest as long as they are in the same folder as the 1st) and the last one is win7 (32bit) drivers. Rar extracts the files as folder within folder eg '..\IshowII_EN\IshowII_EN\*.*'

Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgslqsocinucu1m/W-VYDVhfJw

Hope it helps.

Edit: The issue with the web page has been resolved and the links now function properly. There's still no 64bit Win7 drive though
    Last edited by WolfMax; 11-24-2014 at 13:20. Reason: updated information
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

I belevie bringing this thread to life, have been good thing. The response from Lily Lee is positive. There are a lot of people out there having a IShow dac or two resting on the shelf due to driver problems.

I am 100% shure that bringing a good 64bit driver to life will revitalize the IShow DAC. I have in earlyer posts told people to stay away, but using my Riya DAC as primary for graphics and the IShow for supporting beams in the Spaghetti shows, is really working great.

It still have its limitations, but as a starter and supporting DAC, it really works.

If Lily Lee really have a plan for cometing with pangolin a huge lift in the software itsef would be neccesary. I guess teaming up with a producer of a more moden software and making shure the intergration between HW and SW is bulletproof, and still keeping the pricerange within reasonable limits would be a winner.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Default Thank you for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    I think the reason QuickShow is being bought more is because it supports more what modern laser projectors do.
    Unlike QuickShow, iShow doesn't:
    1) support analog color modulation (not TTL)
    2) doesn't support 64 bit computers which is a standard today
    3) bit precision is low.
    I also don't remember what is the maximum kilo point per second limit for the iShow controller. That could be a reason as well.

If you could change all that and still offer iShow at a similar price, a lot more people would purchase it. I certainly would. In fact, I don't know of a similar controller at that cost.
    Also a good marketing idea would be to change the name from "iShow" to something else so people would know it's something new, as right now it is notorious for the limitations I mentioned and there are cheap clones as you mentioned.
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your suggestion on iShow.
    I will show your suggestion to the technicians,
    when we start to develop the new vesion, we will take your sugesstion into consideration.

Best regards,
    Lily Lee(Ms)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMax View Post
    Hi all

The picture posted by Xinyulaser, shows a link to a web site (DropBox). I've just been there and it contains the IshowII software and driver files but there is an issue with the page (see pic below)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ishow.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	42635

The area highlighted by the green box is where you need to put your mouse pointer in order to download the file from that line. your pointer will turn into a hand with extended index finger when you are in the right spot. This link takes you to another page where you will get a download option.

All the files are .Rar files. The top file is named as 'drivers.rar' (xp most likely). The next 4 are the IShowII software in split .rar (just extract the 1st one and Rar will do the rest as long as they are in the same folder as the 1st) and the last one is win7 (32bit) drivers. Rar extracts the files as folder within folder eg '..\IshowII_EN\IshowII_EN\*.*'

Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgslqsocinucu1m/W-VYDVhfJw

Hope it helps.
    Thank you so much for you do this for all the iShow users.
    Lily Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    If Lily Lee really have a plan for competing with pangolin a huge lift in the software itsef would be neccesary. I guess teaming up with a producer of a more moden software and making shure the intergration between HW and SW is bulletproof, and still keeping the pricerange within reasonable limits would be a winner.
    Based on comments in another thread, I don't think Lily Lee has plans to compete with QS. however, as a hobbyist/starter/educational system, Ishow would be perfect as it stands but with 64bit drivers and the option to choose the output of TTL or true Analogue (PWM as a third option, but not instead of true analogue). Once a user gets an idea on how to create displays, if they want to progress to a more professional level, then upgrade to QS. But as Datsurb commented they could still use Ishow for more simpler parts of a display (beams, targets, Lumina etc).

Magus mentioned the kpps of Ishow, anybody know what it is? And should it be improved being that Ishow is an entry level system? (I know more is better but it usually means more expensive)

Quote Originally Posted by xinyulaser View Post
    Thank you so much for you do this for all the iShow users.
    Lily Lee
    Your welcome.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

Dear Colin,

We plan to develop the new version not for compete with QS.
    We just want our iShow works better than before.

Thank you for your concern all the time .
    Best regards,
    Lily Lee

Quote Originally Posted by magus View Post
    Great. Please let us know of any news.

WolfMax, I mean the maximum kpps the iShow DAC supports. It's not mentioned on the site.
    iShow costs $38. Even if the price would double, I think it would still be pretty inexpensive compared to other options. If Xinyulaser will allow other programs to support their DAC, I imagine people will buy it even just for it.
    My point exactly.
    I would also like to know if Xinyulaser have an estimate in when to see a 64bit driver.

As I was writing earlier, it would gladly pay som money for a working 64 bit driver for the IShow dac.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!