Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help me

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    A fair point, to be sure, but think of it this-way - What's wrong with expecting that people / companies, et al, that come to this (primarily) *educational-site* (...this ain't 'eBay'.. ) adopt, at-least, a 'policy' of doing some 'local-homework', first, before jumping into sales-shotgun threads? In other words, feel-out what is the local-need / interests / 'modus-operandi', etc - *just* as it would-be insightful / wise to-do, for a 'Gringo' to-do, prior to visiting / selling to another country / culture? (language-barriers, aside..)

..I think the 'rub' for most, here, is the *constant-assumption* that 'we must-be all gaga-over cheap' first / foremost - Yeah, SOME people are, but not ALL. Some-people - like not-a-few of the members, here - value a 'good-value' - that is, high-quality (whatevers..), then, a competitive-price - we're not all-just 'I want it cheaper, cheaper, cheaper'.. quality be danged.. I'm not saying the OP is, or is not, such a seller, just saying that we (this community) *deserve* to at-least have the expectation of a) a *Proper* Introduction, not 'hi, I'm xyz, now buy my shrimp!', b) not 'top-secret / pm-only' pricing / specs, and, c) SOME form of additional contribution to the forum, whether it be financial, or educational.. again, we all *know* where eBay is located and how to use Google, when we wanna 'go shopping for cheap'..

I agree, we don't need to 'be jerks', but.. just-as we would get treated if we showed-up in some foreign country and were all 'buy-me-now-cowboy!', those that don't present with proper 'respect' for the 'purpose' of this community / forum-decorum well they just make themselves into a dartboard, imo..

..And I still back the idea that there should-be a policy of 'ya wanna sell-only, to PL / have a commercial-sales URL / link in your sig, w/o intellectual / informational-contribution? Then it's $120. / yr (or whatever-amount..) or GT..... you know the rest..

peace..
    j

There's nothing wrong with any of that in theory, but this place is a little hard to get to know. If you look at it through the eyes of the uninitiated it's kind of hard to say just what all is going on here. The forum opening page just doesn't spell out what's what. Following the posts over a period of time does render a flavor, but that's subject to some statistical fluctuations too. For example, Steve's recent posts about the stuff he's been up to tends to make us all look brighter and closer to the cutting edge than otherwise.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    ...Steve's recent posts about the stuff he's been up to tends to make us all look brighter and closer to the cutting edge than otherwise.
    Speak for yourself.

No.758, Qi'an Road, Fuwan Industrial District, Fuzhou, Fujian 350100, China

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    Hi Brian, I feel the same way. Everyone deserves respect just for being human and getting out of bed and having a go.

Linda has been polite and respectful. Also she is doing a pretty good job of communicating with us in her second language.
    Thanks to everyone who speaks English on PL, I am very lucky English is my first language. I appreciate all your efforts to bridge the gap

We all make a living in different ways and this is how Linda makes hers.

She's just using the tools to do her job.

If Linda can offer quality products and share some knowledge from her studies and insights from working in the optics
    Industry, which will help us all learn, she's ok with me.

Good luck to all
    Kit
    Have a nice day ,Kit .
    Althought I am a new person in here ,But I am so appreciated these day ,I fund so many friends knows my heart,and everybody are so kind ,This is my deep feelings .
    To be honest ,Now I haven't know very much knowledge about optical. But I think I will try my best to learn it .I believe one day I will succes.
    Our company are able to help design the components which meet customer's exact requirements.
    The floowing are just some of our products:
    1、Prisms
    2、NLO Crystals: BBO, LBO (IBS Coating,)
    3、Glan Polarizer : Glan laser Polarizer、Glan Taylor Polarizer、Glan Thompson Polarizer and so on
    4、Waveplate : low order, zero order, High power zero order)
    5、High Power PBS (532nm, 1064nm,1550nm, Damage Threshold:>16J@1064nm ER:>1000:1)
    6、Windows
    Hope I can help everyone and help myself know more .
    Thank you !
    http://en.u-photonics.com
    E-mail: linda.chen@u-photonics.com
    Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Funny thing. I was reading through my emails today and found that you emailed me on October 9th. Small world...

- Jonathan
    Hello ,Jonathan
    It's a new week .Haha ..Now is November 5 in our company now .
    Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    When I said jerk - I was speaking in the abstract - but hey...

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    Couldn't agree more, reading this thread I'm disappointed at the behaviour..

I feel the same about spammers and people who constantly try to push their products on us, but many regular forum members are guilty of this practice and seem to think they are immune from criticism.

Glass houses ? Stones.

Anyway.. My point was chill Laser brothers and sisters.

Hello...Gashead..May be some spammers they just want dreams come ture No malicious.In our life .Do you have this case ,You just want to buy something to finish your research or something ,but you could not find it . May be this time you know some information form the spammers as you said .

Badger ,Thank you ,I will ask our enginner to deal with it .

I need to say sorry .I should not release our product in here .Sorry everyone .I shouldn't live up to everyone's expectations .

Hi Linda!
    I am looking for laser crystals,particulally ND:YVO4
    How much is the 1% dopant 3*3*3mm that i saw on your site?
    Do you sell KTP (KTiOPO4) SHG NLO xtals for green DPSS-L?
    I can't see prices,would you tell me some
    Regards from Hungary
    Ferenc
    Last edited by epyn; 11-04-2012 at 23:32.

Quote Originally Posted by epyn View Post
    Hi Linda!
    I am looking for laser crystals,particulally ND:YVO4
    How much is the 1% dopant 3*3*3mm that i saw on your site?
    Do you sell KTP (KTiOPO4) SHG NLO xtals for green DPSS-L?
    I can't see prices,would you tell me some
    Regards from Hungary
    Ferenc
    Hi ,Ferenc
    We can do the YVO4 with 3x3x3 ,Would you tell me how much do you need? We can process KTP,You need tell me the size ,Qty. we also can do LBO .