Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GB for anamorphic prisms

Default ---------------------

------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prisms.JPG  

Last edited by lasertack; 10-26-2012 at 10:07.

I have plenty in stock - $30AUD a pair

Sorry mate
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I have plenty in stock - $30AUD a pair

Sorry mate
    Not nice Dave.. Everyone can get cheaper, even cheaper than you sell for. Would you like such a comment posted on your posts; of course not.

I am shocked you even lowered yourself to write that.

Andy

But is this a GB really? Or Lasertack just selling quantities?
    I thought the point of a GB was to enable members to group together and get a good deal. This doesn't appear to offer that benefit.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Ohh wow 2 bucks cheaper
    Andy everyone around here knows
    Daves the man for these things, and he is the
    One thats shelled out to hold stock
    To benefit pl
    So you could just as easly said it wrong for lasertac to stamp on daves toes.
    If they had been a different size or had better coatings
    On them, then thats a different story
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Badger, Norty, it is simply not the point, stepping on somebody elses GB or sales thread with alternatives weather cheaper or better is not nice ethical, drives people away from PL and generally causes bad feelings.

You both know I am write so don't bother to argue this point just because you want to support a friend who is also a friend of mine too for many years.

Guys, wow....

please, cool down.

It was not my intention to start a fight here. As I already made several GB´s on PL and got an awesome feedback, I thought to start another one.
    There is no need to get unfriendly.

Andy is right, and everybody knows that. To leave posts like Dave did is like a kick below the waistline.

If there is no interest, just ignore this thread.

@bagger

Who is stepping on whose toes really? I opend this GB and dave has tried to stop it. So, read all the comments before you post such things.

If dave is the prism-man on PL and everybody buys from him, why does he do everything to kick out other people starting a GB? Why is he still sitting on his prisms? He invests a lot of money just for holding parts in stock for PL members? Not likely except he does not care about his money. However...
    Furthermore bagger, if you take a look at my previous GB´s, you will see that the parts can be offered in any other size and any coating you want, because all the parts are made on request.

@norty

Do you really understand what a GB means and how it works? Sure, you wrote it but I think you do not really understand it.
    GB means that somebody tries to group as many people as he can to get a large order qty. to lower the price. Next thing is, that it takes a lot of time to prepare the invoices, to pack the parts, to print the shipping labels etc. It takes me the same time to prepare a shipment for one part or for a large qty order. There is a little fee I add, but just because it is not my main job. And when I make GB´s I cannot do my main job and need to compensate the lost time.
    Thats the reson why I offer discount on larger qty. orders.
    Last edited by lasertack; 10-27-2012 at 03:07.

This will be a little succinct because I'm typing it on my phone.
    Yes I do understand what a GB is. For the participants it is an opportunity to get something for less than they might usually by forming a cooperative with others, and someone takes on the role of facilitator, and there is usually something that makes it worth their while (e.g. The leftover projector parts in the 445 harvesting)

The point I was making is that according to my currency calculator it is cheaper to buy small quantities elsewhere already, so the GB has no real purpose as it doesn't appear to offer a better deal than is already available through a regular retail outlet.

To be clear as well, I have bought some bits in the past from Dave but this is not anything to with backing him. In fact if he hadn't posted I would still have made my previous point.
    Frikkin Lasers

So we have reached a point where someone intentions are being questioned because he makes a little profit of a few bucks. Second would you not join only because they are 3 or 4 bucks more expencive. Tjee how many uncle scrooges are the world

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

So we have reached a point where someone intentions are being questioned because he makes a little profit of a few bucks.
    It is nothing of the sort. I have absolutely no problem with people benefitting from GB's, they are a lot of work.

My point is (that I've already made) a GB is supposed to directly benefit the participants, by allowing them to access a product in small quantities, for a better price than they could usually get it for (by grouping together with other people to achieve a quantity discount).

Based on the price posted in the other thread, this group buy does not appear to offer that benefit.

What a GB (any GB, not just this one) DOES offer is a lot of waiting to get everyone on board, confirm numbers, collect all the money, then wait for the product to ship to the organiser, wait for him/her to sort out the distribution, etc, etc

If a person can make an order today, for 1 or 2 pieces, and have it here within the week, for less than a GB is offering, then why on earth would anyone want to get the product from the GB?

GB's are a great thing, I have benefitted from them in the past, but they exist for a reason, and that is to get the end user price down below what it can be got for normally. This GB appears to miss that fundamental point.
    Frikkin Lasers