Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GB for anamorphic prisms

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    It is nothing of the sort. I have absolutely no problem with people benefitting from GB's, they are a lot of work.

My point is (that I've already made) a GB is supposed to directly benefit the participants, by allowing them to access a product in small quantities, for a better price than they could usually get it for (by grouping together with other people to achieve a quantity discount).

Based on the price posted in the other thread, this group buy does not appear to offer that benefit.

What a GB (any GB, not just this one) DOES offer is a lot of waiting to get everyone on board, confirm numbers, collect all the money, then wait for the product to ship to the organiser, wait for him/her to sort out the distribution, etc, etc

If a person can make an order today, for 1 or 2 pieces, and have it here within the week, for less than a GB is offering, then why on earth would anyone want to get the product from the GB?

GB's are a great thing, I have benefitted from them in the past, but they exist for a reason, and that is to get the end user price down below what it can be got for normally. This GB appears to miss that fundamental point.
    Your point seems to be "prism = prism"

But thats not correct. The material quality matters. There are millions of products out there called anamorphic prisms. But they vary in quality dramatically. I could also offer prism pairs for 12€ but the quality would be horrible. Do you really want them just to say "I´ve saved 14 bucks"?
    There are several points effecting the quality like surface flatness or transmission.

So it is not about saving 2 bucks. It is about offering extremely high quality at more than a reasonable price.

Ok, you didn't state that yours are of a higher quality than those available elsewhere. Surely as the unique selling point, which justifies why yours a little more expensive you should be stating this?

Seriously, I may be in the market for some anamorphic prisms very soon, so I'm just giving you the buyers perspective. I looked at your GB and thought 'What's the point?'

Now you say yours are of higher quality, I see the point. So why not mention it at the start?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Ok, you didn't state that yours are of a higher quality than those available elsewhere. Surely as the unique selling point, which justifies why yours a little more expensive you should be stating this?

Seriously, I may be in the market for some anamorphic prisms very soon, so I'm just giving you the buyers perspective. I looked at your GB and thought 'What's the point?'

Now you say yours are of higher quality, I see the point. So why not mention it at the start?

Please dont misunderstand me. I never said that my prisms have higher quality as Dave´s ones. I dont know the quality of his prisms. So I cannot say "buy my prisms, because they are better than Dave´s". Even if I would have tested his ones, I´d never say such things.

I only offer products which have a "birth certificate" contains material, surface quality, transmission and reflectance rate and many other things, because most of my customers are research facilities or from the industry. They care about such details.

I´m not going to say that my prisms are the one and only high quality prisms availbale out there. I just say that I can guarantee the quality and know all details about the prisms.
    Last edited by lasertack; 10-27-2012 at 06:13.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.
    So I guess until someone does a side by side comparison of the available prisms, we simply don't know which may be the most effective.
    It could be yours, Dave's, the random ebay seller, etc, or it could turn out you're all sourcing exactly the same product!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I wish Dave would list what he has on his website. I bought his anamorphic prisms but wouldn't have known he had them except he mentioned them while I was placing an order for other parts. Also, they were only for blue. I'm using them for red but with a lot of loss. I still need red anamorphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    I wish Dave would list what he has on his website. I bought his anamorphic prisms but wouldn't have known he had them except he mentioned them while I was placing an order for other parts. Also, they were only for blue. I'm using them for red but with a lot of loss. I still need red anamorphics.
    here is the GB for red and blue broadband coated prisms

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...morphic-prisms