Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Green Thread (I'm gonna regret posting this in the morning)

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    ..the top diode is passing through a highly curved lens while the beam from the right is not.
    I'm thinking a FAC for capture / transmission of max-power.. ... VV ...bada-bing!
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-04-2012 at 17:38.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Something I can't figure out in the Jon pics. The two IR diodes seem to be passing through very different optics prior to the PBS. I could understand a wave plate, but the top diode is passing through a highly curved lens while the beam from the right is not.
    It is, the curved lens has been rotated by 90 degrees
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Linda,

You have listed your company's capabilities multiple times on this forum and it is unnecessary to continue to repeat this information. As you may remember, I was polite to you during your introduction however, If you want to continue to be welcome to post here you need to contribute and here is your chance. Have your company engineer or a representative from your company (this could be yourself) obtain the complete specifications for a successful 2W polarized 532nm DPSS laser head with good beam specs and post this design on this forum. I can almost guarantee that you will see a great deal of good will develop with this comunity if you do this. You can expect to sell some the components that will go into these lasers for some time.

It is, the curved lens has been rotated by 90 degrees
    Ah. Because the diode was rotated to avoid a wave plate and the fast and slow also rotated requiring the same lens to operate, but at 90 degrees.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Something I can't figure out in the Jon pics. The two IR diodes seem to be passing through very different optics prior to the PBS. I could understand a wave plate, but the top diode is passing through a highly curved lens while the beam from the right is not.

Take a good look, both chains are identical except for rotation by 90'

You are spot on here. The drivers, cooling,mounting etc are relatively easy, but these are the important numbers along with the OC R%. We need a design that works .It doesn't matter if it isn't quite right, but if it gives the relative proportions for these #s then a test laser starting from this point will likely succeed with fewer iterations.

Correct

Question. That SEEMS like a long rod. You think that is ballpark for 2W? You say side pumping here, but you suggest above there are maybe symmetry reasons to stay away from side pumping?
    Another question. Do you know a target for doping % for a typical diode pumped 2W
    I'm just quoting prices from a Euro, non Asian, Quality source. One I can trust. Yea, its long. But most of the cost is polishing and coating.

I have some papers, but have been defeated in my attempts to get them from you.

I have the freeware simulator for the two mirror cavity, which allows up to 3 intracavity lenses. One choice is a "Linear Duct" allowing you to insert the rod.
    I've pulled a few papers on empirical measuring of a pumped rod for lensing.

Steve-O, this is not complex if we think it through. Your rapid fab skills will be needed and valued if this project goes through. Dont panic yet.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 11-04-2012 at 18:00.

I would be willing to throw in CNC time to manufacture some of the aluminum parts. I could also put some of the drawings together in Solidworks for review before anything gets cut.

Ivan

No.758, Qi'an Road, Fuwan Industrial District, Fuzhou, Fujian 350100, China

Linda,

You have listed your company's capabilities multiple times on this forum and it is unnecessary to continue to repeat this information. As you may remember, I was polite to you during your introduction however, If you want to continue to be welcome to post here you need to contribute and here is your chance. Have your company engineer or a representative from your company (this could be yourself) obtain the complete specifications for a successful 2W polarized 532nm DPSS laser head with good beam specs and post this design on this forum. I can almost guarantee that you will see a great deal of good will develop with this comunity if you do this. You can expect to sell some the components that will go into these lasers for some time.
    So sorry ,Planters.Appreciated your adviced .
    I will try my best to ask our Engineer .
    http://en.u-photonics.com
    E-mail: linda.chen@u-photonics.com
    Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

No need to apologise Linda, you were invited to this thread (post # 30) here:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ighlight=linda

Originally posted by mixedgas
    Steve-O, this is not complex if we think it through. Your rapid fab skills will be needed and valued if this project goes through. Dont panic yet.
    AHHHH.. AHHHH .. panic attttackx !!!!!! lol, Steve . I'll try to hold off the panic for a lil while hehe..
    Oh btw, I puchaced that 1W hybrid crystal from ebay anyway.. start some kind of experimentation .. all I need is 4-5W 808 cmount diode now .. Probably give Junktronix a call.. Steve do you know what's up w/ the indium foil that is supposed to be used with this ?
    Oh and thx for the compliment .. I'don't think I'm rapid tho .. the "rapid prototyping" could take months or even decades lol ..

Steve I am interested in the 1w ebay green module also. I think the indium is to bond the module to a copper plate for heatsinking. I have seen that module for sale as the module only, bonded to a copper something ( no pic) and setup with the pump diode.

Here is the 808 that i was looking at. They also have the 1w module.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...667398256.html

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Wow, nice find Chad!!!! Kudos! What do you make of this Steve and other Gurus?
    2 and 3 W
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...622745018.html