Thread: Low reading Coherent LaserCheck - pls help :)

Laser Warning Low reading Coherent LaserCheck - pls help :)

All,

I wonder if you can help. I have a Lasercheck which is maybe around 10 years old. Recently I checked the power it read against a known calibrated power meter and it is reading very low, maybe about two thirds of the actual power. Anyone know if these can be adjusted? Or maybe the battery has gone end of life, but how can this be changed? I know Coherent consider these to be "consumable" items but it just seems a real shame to just bin it

Cheers

Steve

There was something about having to solder wires to the old battery and the board so you can remove the old battery while keeping power to the circuitry. Evidently there was some concern that the power meter would lose calibration data or something if the battery is completely removed while putting in a new battery. I think the laser faq has a section on this.

Was that with 445nm? My lasercheck always displayed a way lower value with this wavelength (600-700mW instead 1W), it seems not to love it. While red and green are pretty accurate.

I do believe there was a known calibration error on some laserchecks at low wavelengths, although being off by 30% seems a bit excessive. Have you contacted coherent about the issue? As far as I know there is no user accessible way to calibrate it.