Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSX/Riya fustrations

Angry LSX/Riya fustrations

I've had it with LSX or Riya. I'm not sure where the problem lies. I can never get laser output the first time I hook everything up. Sometimes it tames me a couple hours fiddling around trying to get it to work. This problem doesn't occur with Pangolin since it has worked at SELEM and when Adam came over. IF anybody hs any ideas why this happens, please let me know. If not, I'll consider this combo a waste of $600...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Does the RIYA test program produce laser output? Steve

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i've had very good luck with a riya controller and LSX. can you provide a little more detail about the issue? maybe we can talk you through it.

also, do you have any issues with the riya configuration stand alone program?

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
    I've had it with LSX or Riya. I'm not sure where the problem lies. I can never get laser output the first time I hook everything up. Sometimes it tames me a couple hours fiddling around trying to get it to work. This problem doesn't occur with Pangolin since it has worked at SELEM and when Adam came over. IF anybody hs any ideas why this happens, please let me know. If not, I'll consider this combo a waste of $600...
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

It does work when I run testriya.exe.

what about the "RiyaSettings" application?

It does work when I run testriya.exe.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

That seems to be working just fine too.

ok. good.

use the RiyaSettings app to set the size/position/scan rate/type of lasers, then save the settings.

once you've done that, run LSX and click on the "Edit Timeline DAC Assignments" button. it's on the left hand vertical column of buttons and has RGB beams on it and the numbers 123 on the bottom.

Make sure it shows the riya dac under "Assigned Controllers / Timeline 1". you may have to drag it from the "Unassigned Controllers" to the "Timeline 1" pane.

That seems to be working just fine too.

That worked. At least I know to check that from now on. I never checked that before so I wonder how it started working.

Great! Now make sure to grab the latest lsx update. Drlava has been adding some excellent features.

That worked. At least I know to check that from now on. I never checked that before so I wonder how it started working.

I didn't noticed the date on it but I downloaded an update yesterday.