Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lasershark, a completely open-source low cost dual-laser 12bit USB laser DAC

... last year I've made a minimum plugin for BeamConstruct and "EasyLase LC USB" -- the second DAC here - http://www.mylaserpage.de/DACs.html.

But actually I've bought the E1701P Plotter Controller ( http://www.halaser.eu/e1701p.php ) from them to drive a fast CNC-machine directly from within BeamConstruct ...

Viktor

Quote Originally Posted by macpod View Post
    As their "about this company" page indicates, the reason they are able to offer their software as open source is because their business model focuses around custom software development and services. They wouldn't be a particularly successful company if they performed custom development for free so it is not surprising they politely declined your request.

So that's the downside for you. On the upside both the LaserShark software and HALaser stuff is open source so you at least have the ability to try writing this yourself
    You're right, but there are more and more people looking for a way to run their lasers with BeamConstruct. It is a pity that no free software has yet been created for this purpose except BeamConstruct. Although many DACs could do the job great. DAC developers could increase their sales if they had invested some time to write such a firmware. Then their devices would be dual: for laser show fans and for small lasershops.

interesting. so kinda like an EtherDream2 but you're going for usb instead of ethernet connectivity.

usb wouldn't work for me. I want my laser too far from my pc for that.

i guess if you've got everything you need on your laptop, then that'd be fine.
    but i want my laptop connected to all my midi devices. So the laser has to be remote.

will this hook up to an ILDA cable? Or will it require a custom built laser projector?