Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM: who's going?

Crap. I was looking forward to having a beer (or 3) on the dock with you, Dan.

Glad to see that you'll be there, Mario. Should be an awesome time!

Anyone else?

Adam

I will likely come up from Costa Rica if I don't get hired again to work at the Envision Festival as I did last year. I've spent over 6 months cumulatively in Honduras before, but mainly on Roatan, never managed to get to Utila yet. Also usually trek with 1 to 3 watts of RGB, so this would be fun.

That would be great! Be sure to get in touch with Rich to secure your room. (When will you know if you get the Envision Festival gig?)

Adam

Hi all,

Time is getting close for the Caribb-LEM. If there are any more takers now is the time to look at reserving your room.
    We will need to arrange and book the transfer transport so could do with knowing how much luggage you guys are bringing to make sure we have a bus big enough.

Also I could do with getting a list together of anything that I may need to supply this end. That way if I need to order it in I still have plenty of time.

Really looking forward to this week.

Cheers
    Rich

I want to go but its just not going to be possible for me

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It's been rapidly getting harder and harder for me to be able to pull this off as well. In what should have been a quiet week, I've now got 5 events booked throughout the week and I'm not figuring any feasible way to pull this off. I know buffo is going to kick my ass later - deservedly so, as he knows how much I probably need the break but, I've entrenched myself in this job to where I just don't have a way out. I'll be lucky to get more than 2 or 3 days off between now and SELEM. At best, I could arrive Sunday afternoon and leave Wednesday morning...maybe. I don't even know how that would all work with the transportation logistics. I'm going to keep working on it but, the damn phone keeps ringing with people looking to host events for that particular week. It's as if they frickin' know.

Oh, and Connie, my staff member I was going to bring as a guest has too much drama going on right now to even remotely consider it. We haven't talked about it but, she doesn't even have a place to live right now, let alone the ability to arrange a passport.

I'm going to keep trying to figure out if it's possible but, it's just simply not looking good.

Aw crap Brad... This was going to be your decompression trip. (Because you and I both know you need it!)

I bought my airline tickets two weeks ago. Managed to get them for $505.90 per person, round trip, including all taxes and fees, plus two free checked bags. Not bad...

I still need to book a room at the hotel on the mainland for the Friday night before, and the Saturday night after though...

Who else is planning to make the trip? I know Marc (Gottaluvlasers) was thinking about it, but I never heard for sure if he is going to go or not.

OK - Mario is coming, and he's bringing his family too. And I think Daniel Briggs had booked a room as well, right?

How about Audiovisualizers? Any chance of making the trip up from Costa Rica? And how about Doug and his wife? Last I heard the Cabo trip fell through...

Come on people - this is going to be a great time, and it's CHEAP. Where else can you get a week's worth of room and board in a tropical paradise for around $400 per person?

Adam

I've not booked my flights, (or room) yet...
    I am REALLY keen to go; just need to find a practical + cheap flight to-fro first.

Brad... you've gotta go! ('n that's an order!)
    It's a real shame DSLI Jon can't make it; was really looking forward to that.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The other thing that may make it a bit difficult is that the installation of my Sabre system from dsli_jon is now slated to be the week preceeding this trip so, Jon would be here from the 17th to the 23rd. That's a bit bittersweet. If thats when it's going to happen then.... that's when it needs to happen! As much as buffo is right and as much as I'd like the trip to work as well, I don't want to affect the installation window either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    The other thing that may make it a bit difficult is that the installation of my Sabre system from dsli_jon is now slated to be the week preceeding this trip so, Jon would be here from the 17th to the 23rd. That's a bit bittersweet. If thats when it's going to happen then.... that's when it needs to happen! As much as buffo is right and as much as I'd like the trip to work as well, I don't want to affect the installation window either.
    Easy fix... wheel yourselves both down to the meet + install the kit there! I'll get you both a beer if you do!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -