Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribb-LEM: who's going?

Brad;

If the install happens the week before, you could still make it to Carrib-LEM the week after, right?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hopefully I can get something figured out. If Jon is here from the 17th through the 23rd, that means I'd potentially be able to leave on Sunday the 24th. I guess with flights and ferrys, I may be looking at having to stay overnight and come out to the island on Monday. Perhaps then take the ferry back to the mainland Friday morning, stay overnight and fly back early Saturday morning the 1st or something. So, I'd get 3-4 days in mid week anyway.

Ok, I've just booked my flights + sorted out my "visa" (well, sort of... it's not really a visa, they called it an "ESTA". Not sure if that's what I need, but got approved, so we'll try to get in with that.)
    I still need to book my accommodation; might sort that out at the end of this week.
    The flight times were horrendous (but cheap @£580 return) ... I have to leave at ~08:00 on the Thursday; lots and lots of waiting around at Atlanta + San Pedro Sula airports... 14h and 22hr respectively.
    The return flight is ok though.

Now I'm really looking forward to it.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post

Now I'm really looking forward to it.
    You = suck.

15 chars of jealousy.
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

See you there Nige...

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    See you there Nige...
    I wish buddy..

The airfare is very close to a Return trip to NZ - and although I'd love to come over and meet lots of brilliant people (and) see some awesome kit, I have a duty to save up my cash and take my kids to my birthplace.

Plus side of NZ apart from Family is I'll be calling up some long lost Friends (one of which reads PL.. Hi Baz!) and attempting to drag them out for a Beer or two!

Anyway, you can tell me all about it at Surfleet!

"The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

Daniel;

Are you going to spend Friday night on the mainland? If so, we should get together for dinner! I'm going to stay at the hotel that Rick suggested - guess I need to book that room pronto..

Also, I never even considered the need for a Visa. Rick, can you or your sister Sara comment on the need for one?

Adam

Smile

Daniel;

Are you going to spend Friday night on the mainland? If so, we should get together for dinner! I'm going to stay at the hotel that Rick suggested (Apart Hotel Villa Nuria); I guess I need to book that room pronto..

Also, I never even considered the need for a Visa. Rick, can you or your sister Sara comment on the need for one? From what little I've been able to read on the Internet, it would seem that we do not need one...

Adam

Dan, dude that is an awesome price! Sometimes it is worth the hanging around.

No need for a visa if you hold a US or British passport (plus many other countries). They will stamp you a stay of 90 days (sometimes 30) upon entry.

The ESTA is a US thing for non US citizens and residents. Basically it allows you to board a plane destined for the USA, nothing more, nothing less. You will still need to meet all the requirements for entry otherwise they will send you home! There is no need for a visa for the US for a British passport holder. I hope that makes sense.
    Basically if your American or British (which I assume most that are coming are) will not need to do anything extra.
    If you have more specific questions just ask and I will try and help you out or certainly point you in the right direction.

The Hotel Nuria is great. When you book don't forget to tell them that you want picking up from the airport and give them your flight details.

Cheers
    Rich

Rich,
    Did I need that ESTA thing? If I didn't... balls!

Adam,
    The plane lands at 12:18 local time in SAP. So I'll be hanging around for 23hrs to get the 11:00 transport.
    I might look at staying at that hotel if it's reasonable; irrespective a meal sounds 100% pog on!

Re: Money.
    If I get some USD, are they widely accepted, or I do need the local currency? (I'm guessing they won't take any notes with the queens finest on.)