Thread: DIY lasers

Default DIY lasers

How many in here is still making their own lasers? Let's see what you have
    Best rays
    Tesa

... high energy laserdiode modules with 270Watt@975nm-laserdiodes, not the lasers itself ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

I've been playing around with an 8 position lumina projector, a counter weighted joystick design with friction clutches, a comparator ladder to do 'classic' color mod on an ILDA RGB projector, and a cycloid generator that's not quite as old school as Greg's CYGN-B. At some point I'd like to build a three channel fiber turret. Most of the fiber turret effects from Laserium involved playing the focus to one degree or another. I think it will be cool to bring an effect into focus, fade in the same (or different effect) out of focus. Bring the 2nd effect into focus while fading out the original effect while fading up the next effect out of focus (or the other way(s) around...). A 3 phase fiber turret. I like to build the equivalent of the lever lite switches we used on the Mark VI using 3 each tactile swiches with red and green LEDs to get the red/yel/grn effect of the lever lites, but solid state switching, so it's presetable. A 353 decoder. A 353 encoder. But, Covid & stuff has been sucking down my bandwidth.
    Last edited by laserist; 01-26-2021 at 07:05.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by CTesa View Post
    How many in here is still making their own lasers? Let's see what you have
    You can count me as well, working on DIY RGB projector with multiple, simultaneous, old school, lumia output and updating old software.