Thread: WTB - Laser wiring harness!!!

Default WTB - Laser wiring harness!!!

Yes, I know this isn't the B/S/T thread but wtf ..
    I really like building lasers and experimenting with optics and such, but it's a pain in the arse for me to have to think about buying a laptop to have to drag to a show and keep an eye on (plus I don't trust commercial pc's with high power equipment) so, I'd like to be able to bypass all the breakout boards and ILDA stuff and just run a show from a SD card pre programmed from my home PC (please nobody give me the pango speech again-I can't justify spending 800 bucks on software I'd use once a year on a show-- ) thx) and use spaghetti or laserboy . So is there a solution 4 me and my type or do I have to resort to keep writing my own waveforms for the galvos on adobe cs5 and burning/showing from a cd?? Pleez help. I got no way to do analog mod. (only 2 channels for the galvos. )
    Thx..
    PS - yes it's once again toddy-time and I may once again "regret posting this in the a.m. but I'll try to clarify my request tomorrow since it's a 4-day weekend (THANKS-Giving) whew -- Just 5 channels from a thumb-drive is all I ask-- too much ? 2 channels galvo analog signals + RGB 0-5V where I get to position them when and where I need them .. This probly isnt making any sense .. I'll be back tomorrow or the day after (got family coming over tomorrow) and try to clarify .. in case anyone else is interested .. I actually bought a spencers projector because it almost had what I needed .. ughhhh .. <frustration> .. lol ... [kidding, to the spencers thread .. it is a neat little gadget.. just not powerful enough for outdoor shows and not programmable.. for me at least .. Im not a "coder" ... Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving you-all ...............

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the Etherdream DAC will play ilda frames and audio ilda wave files from a microsd card. is that what you're looking for?

http://www.ether-dream.com/

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Yes, I know this isn't the B/S/T thread but wtf ..
    I really like building lasers and experimenting with optics and such, but it's a pain in the arse for me to have to think about buying a laptop to have to drag to a show and keep an eye on (plus I don't trust commercial pc's with high power equipment) so, I'd like to be able to bypass all the breakout boards and ILDA stuff and just run a show from a SD card pre programmed from my home PC (please nobody give me the pango speech again-I can't justify spending 800 bucks on software I'd use once a year on a show-- ) thx) and use spaghetti or laserboy . So is there a solution 4 me and my type or do I have to resort to keep writing my own waveforms for the galvos on adobe cs5 and burning/showing from a cd?? Pleez help. I got no way to do analog mod. (only 2 channels for the galvos. )
    Thx..
    PS - yes it's once again toddy-time and I may once again "regret posting this in the a.m. but I'll try to clarify my request tomorrow since it's a 4-day weekend (THANKS-Giving) whew -- Just 5 channels from a thumb-drive is all I ask-- too much ? 2 channels galvo analog signals + RGB 0-5V where I get to position them when and where I need them .. This probly isnt making any sense .. I'll be back tomorrow or the day after (got family coming over tomorrow) and try to clarify .. in case anyone else is interested .. I actually bought a spencers projector because it almost had what I needed .. ughhhh .. <frustration> .. lol ... [kidding, to the spencers thread .. it is a neat little gadget.. just not powerful enough for outdoor shows and not programmable.. for me at least .. Im not a "coder" ... Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving you-all ...............
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Well, there is a number of DACs that can play ilda files from an sd card...
    Most riya DACs and the etherdream come to mind immediately.

I was also searching for a standalone ilda playback device some time ago, check it out, there are some possible solutions in there (although expensive ones)
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-of-that-sort)

there is an sd card player that winni at goldenstar sells for around 50usd, but I have no further info on this
    "its called character briggs..."

Thanks you-all, yes this is a good start! I'll check out the ether-dream right now