Thread: Aixiz 1 watt? Not on round 1.

Default Aixiz 1 watt? Not on round 1.

So I received my 1-watt a few days ago.

And at first, I was thrilled. I couldn't even glance at the spot at the wall without glasses, and even my OD2 goggles weren't effective enough; I had to switch to my OD6+. It did all the hype. But after using it for about 20 minutes, I noticed that the beam got dimmer... almost to the point where it was just slightly brighter than my 115mw. Of course, I wasn't sure, so I bit the bullet and got a lasercheck. They only go up to 1 watt, so I was hoping to break the damn thing while testing.

Alas, it measured my 115mw a little low (95mw) but that's ok, it's an old Wicked Laser pointer I've been overdriving with a power adapter w/o great cooling, so a little damage was to be expected. So next for the Aixiz...

220mw...

Okay, maybe it isn't warmed up. Wait 10 minutes...

270mw. :?

I went back and tested the "115" mw again just to make sure I didn't burn up the lasercheck. Nope, 95mw again.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt to blame it on shipping (when they should have shipped express, what I paid for, and taken a day, they shipped priority, which took 4 days). Anyway, I'm dropping an email, and hope that they can resolve this. I'm not mad, just rather disappointed, but I'm glad I could identify this problem before I let it go on for too long.

You may have to email them a couple of times. I have a lil 30mW green from them and it took 3 emails to get a reply from Charles the owner. He seems ok. I think my power supply is having a blanking issue. He sent me an RMA form. I replied asking if he could just send me a power supply as that's where I beleive the issue lies. He replied asking for my address so he could send me a whole unit out. I have not gotten the replacment but feel hopeful. It's only been 2 or 3 days.

It sucks yours is such a "big" laser. They have their phone number on their eBay listings if they don't reply after a few emails. They also have a user account here, so you may try a PM also.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hmmm strange that all this 1Watt lasers fall down in power after some use :? :?:

But that`s why I did buy my from Viasho and Nono, becouse of the 200% custom service from them

my 1watt CNI still kicking out over a watt at 5vdc

bad luck eh :roll:
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Well I needed some place in the states for certification reasons so Viasho was out. I already got an RMA number back from Aixiz. Unfortunately, due to the holiday season, I'm not sure if I'll be able to ship back all of this stuff until Wednesday. I'll try tomorrow, but I've got work during the day, so we'll see.

Aixiz usually answers my emails in a couple of days. Also, I have heard they are good about replacing bad lasers but they might be slow due to Xmas. So, hang in there.

yeah he's a good guy I have a 532 that is almost double the power I paid for I got a replacement in a week

I already posed my experience with this company here.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...2529#post22529
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!