Thread: BUYER BEWARE!..... Jason , themusicguy21 , maxvideo

Default BUYER BEWARE!..... Jason , themusicguy21 , maxvideo

Buyer beware , let it be known ,

Jason , aka :

themusicguy21 ,(eBay ID)

jazzinguy_19 ,(yahoo)

maxvideo (here on this forum)

out of San Antonio, TX .

Has not made good on several laser related item's sold through eBay. I am unfortunately one of them that got stiffed.

I had paid $450 on July 5th for an Omnichrome 170 laser power supply and as of today not received it .

themusicguy21 (Jason) was very communicative until he received my money.

I was promised several times over the course of the first couple of months that he would send it out right away. (excuses , busy , it was broken , etc...)

Here is one of his auctions listed well after I had paid him , Kind of a slap in the face since one of the PSU's pictured was supposed to be sold to me back in July :

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=646

Good luck to the high bidder in that auction , wonder if they received their laser ?

I have full documentation of this transaction including the signed express mail receipt for my overnight payment as well as the receipt for my moneyorder. No wonder he will not accept paypal !

Intellius.com search reveals a traveler with a multitude of addresses .(suspicious)

So to save yourself aggravation , I strongly recommend to stay away from this one if you are the buyer ESPECIALLY outside of a recoverable payment situation.

I am now totally ignored and yet this person themusicguy21 (Jason , maxvideo) continues to function on eBay.

I invite all to look into this sellers ebay feedback ,(themusicguy21)

Fraud and horserace betting do not mix ,

Good luck Jason , I hope you do better for yourself in life ,

I have done laser transactions worldwide for years and have had great experiences , every now and then there are bad apples,

It is the one's that just take and ignore, This is very aggravating,

Dave

by now, i would have driven to his house. My very first laser purchase was like that so I drove to the guys city and went to a club he was DJing at. Brought the cops, showed proof of ownership and I got my laser.

He posted a link to his website which had a video on it for the laser being sold and on it there was his DJ scedual so I knew right where to find him and the laser because he advertised a free laser with DJ gig booking

I would have loved to be there and see the guys face when you showed with the cops to collect your laser. There are too many crooks out there and it's time to get justice anyway you can.

I've used the services of the FBI several times and it worked for me. The Pscybercops helped me twice.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

I missed this thread until Laserlovers recent reply. I have dealt with Jason several times in the past and have bought several thousand dollars worth of stuff from him. He doesn't work fast, but has always come through for me. If you haven't worked this out with him, let me know and I'll find the contact information I have for him. Calling on the phone is usually better than email.

Kevin

Hi Kevin ,

I would REALLY APPRECIATE if you were able to get ahold of Jason if possible.

I have tried everything including attempts to make contact through contact a seller during his recent auctions.

I am being totally ignored :-(

There are other's that have been burnt recently by this "eBay ID" as I will call it and one of these persons is also a member of this forum . I will let him mention his name if he wants to.

I will not harp or flame this guy and maby indeed he does have a problem but the eBay activity leads me to think I am out of luck.

"Jason" owes me an Omnichrome 170 PSU or $440.00 . I dont care if the PSU is broken(i fix 'em) but it was hooked up and working in the laser auction I saw on eBay long after I paid him .

The phone # he has registered with eBay does not work but does come up and associates with him or his family when I do public records searches.

You may PM me if you like .

By the way , love your eBay auctions !!

I have bought several things from you through many people , I love to barter !

Dave

Strange to hear that name. I didn't think I knew it even though it seemed familiar, but today I had to put a different bidder on my eBay block list, only the second time I've done this. I didn't even remember a first time, but there was, and guess which name was on it? themusicguy21, no less.

I looked at all the old email saves, and found out why. He'd not bid on a laser I'd built and was selling, then he contacted me after the listing saying he was interested. (He should have bid if he was interested, that's the whole point of eBay). Still, I took him at his word, I started building the laser (takes a couple of days, at that time I'd do this once I knew there was interest on eBay if I hadn't already got one complete and ready). We talked about a lot of stuff over many mails. When I'd built the laser and said all I could think of to discuss, I heard nothing more from him, he refused to answer emails. Turns out he was pumping me for all the information he could get, and I told him a LOT, a mistake I don't make now, and I'd even forgotten the events that taught me the value of silence. Anyway, as he'd decided to waste my time and effort with no intention of giving me anything for any of it, I put him on my block list.

So, a different problem, but it casts some information on a guy who seems clearly determined to profit in ANY way he can, ruthlessly, from us, so I see no reason why we should not share information about him, at his expense.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by weakstation View Post
    Buyer beware , let it be known ,
    Jason , aka : themusicguy21 ,(eBay ID) jazzinguy_19 ,(yahoo) maxvideo (here on this forum) out of San Antonio, TX ...
    Hi Dave -

Did you ever get resolution to this situation? If not, lemme know, cause I have all his contact info (tel#, address, etc) - his real name is Steve (...uh, I think! and he offered me a similar system recently (which we don't need, so I did not take him up on it) but the 'package deal' was to include an EXTRA head AND 170 PSU - maybe that was yours?? -

Lemme know - if you are still out the gear, perhaps we can set up a 'conference call' and try to get some resolution for you... ciao

- j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I live about 2 hrs from San Antonio. I might be able to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I live about 2 hrs from San Antonio. I might be able to help out.
    Hey Carm -

Great - I am sure 'weakstation' will appreciate that - The thing is, there IS a Jason - AND a David - they are 'Steve's brothers, as I understand it - I, personally, like Kevin (Junktronix) have bought from Steve (using Jason as an alias - Why??? Dunno, man... I only found out he was actually Steve when I went to the guys place in San An to pick up some stuff I bought) and had a good experience - the stuff was great and a good deal - Steve was a pretty cool cat from the 'old school' - a good guy - I actually saw AN Argon and 2 PSUs, (not sure if these pix I took in his house- below- are THE sys in question...comments, weak??) so perhaps the problem for 'weak' was that the REAL Jason was 2-timing his brother (???) and was the one that did this to 'weak' on eBay (???)... oh, the plot thickens!

Dunno...but all I can say is, Weak, if you're out there, buddy, Carm and I are standing by to help ya out! .... based on my experience, I'd think STEVE will be willing to make good on this, and I've got his current (as of ~3 weeks ago) number, soooo.... standing by...

- j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06615.JPG  

DSC06617.JPG  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Cool

I sent Weak Station a message via one of his E-bay auctions. Hopefully he'll check in here and see this thread...

Adam