Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix live or PANGOLIN quickshow

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Technically yes, the disk should be properly marked however, periodically updates are made available to be downloaded from Pangolin's web site and it's possible you got an update burned to a disc but, the original disc "should" really have been included in the sale. The real key is the hardware since the software can always be downloaded. My feeling is, as long as it works and you're happy with it then probably no harm, no foul. I make a lot of back ups of things and, I would suggest you even burn yourself a copy of the disc for safe keeping.

Ah... it was you that outbid me for it then!

I think that as long as the FB3 has a valid serial no on it you'll be fine.
    If you're worried, contact Pangolin through their website and as them to check it?
    Hope you enjoy the beamz!
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Hi Gogostar87,

Thank you for your purchase and welcome to the Pangolin Family!

Have you had a chance to sign up for our Pangolin Shows Portal? It's totally free, and there is around 50 QuickShow shows there last time I checked (plus other things as well). You can find it at www.PangolinShows.com

Regarding what you wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by gogostar87 View Post
    and i was wondering if the actual disc should have pangolin logo or something on it because mine has nothing on it and it looks like burned copy.
    Boy that's strange! Our install DVDs are beautifully printed with plastic-style paint. These are manufactured DVDs -- not printable/burnable ones. What about the rest of the package? It should have been a beautiful box with custom-cut foam inserts, and should have included the USB cable as well.

In any event, the entire QuickShow software, including workspace and drivers can always be downloaded from our web site here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/QS/downloadm...downloads.html

Once again, we welcome you, and please contact me directly if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,

William Benner

Ah... it was you that outbid me for it then!
    Sorry about that mate I signed to Pangolinshows portal and I'm glad i went for pagolin. Its great software and very 'user friendly' I only wish i found this forum earlier!!! (Before buying 3.1 RGB from LaserWorld lol ) BTW - here is the picture what i got:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pang.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	36389Click image for larger version. 

ID:	36389 Serial no. on box is 050220

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by gogostar87 View Post
    Sorry about that mate I signed to Pangolinshows portal and I'm glad i went for pagolin. Its great software and very 'user friendly' I only wish i found this forum earlier!!! (Before buying 3.1 RGB from LaserWorld lol ) BTW - here is the picture what i got:Click image for larger version. 

ID:	36389Click image for larger version. 

ID:	36389 Serial no. on box is 050220
    that's definitely not an original quickshow disk. as bill states in the previous post, the originals are professionally printed. i just took a look at mine. it was burned, instead of stamped, but the label is very professional.

downloads are available from the pangolin site. i would suggest you grab the latest/greatest.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Perhaps the seller did the decent thing and downloaded the latest version of QS for the buyer, rather than supply the original disk with a very out of date release?

Lets face it, if its even 6 months old, the original media is sort of pointless.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Still kinda weird.
    I feel like it's more of a requirement to include the original disc you get with the system, maybe the seller wanted to include some extra's and decided to burn his own disc for that.

Anyway glad you made the right choice!
    You won't be dissapointed with a purchase from pangolin. The support never fails to satisfy either

I think there is nothing weird about it. The ebay seller is NOT a pangolin reseller, who claims "Purchased two years ago, but never used.The box is not sealed, but the item has never been used"
    And even then, he could have bought it second-hand.

Personally I never keep these kinds of disks!
    If they contain special off-line content then I might archive an image.
    Optical storage is soo 2005!

Posting to subscribe to thread, hello

You know you get the 3 other applications with FB3 ( abstract generator, timeline tool, some other que based app )
    Do you get them when you buy the QuickShow package?
    Cheers
    Graham