Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix live or PANGOLIN quickshow

Default Phoenix live or PANGOLIN quickshow

Hi,
    Which software would you advise to buy? they seems to be simmilar in price but i don't have experiance with any, so if anyone can highlight main differences it would be great.
    Thanks

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by gogostar87 View Post
    Hi,
    Which software would you advise to buy? they seems to be simmilar in price but i don't have experiance with any, so if anyone can highlight main differences it would be great.
    Thanks
    Going strickly from userbase (and thus support and files to swap, other users to learn from) Pangolin wins. Nothing wrong with Phoenix other then a smaller userbase.

Steve

Thank you

Is this package any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1408986150...84.m1439.l2649

do i have to buy shows for this software or can i get them free somewhere? Is it truth that pangolin doesn't play .ild files? if so can they be converted to pangolin format?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the FB3/Quickshow package doesn't contain any shows. it contains some static frames, lots of 2-5 second animations, and some abstracts. Quickshow imports and plays .ild fine, but won't save/export to .ild. this is a problem if you want to share laser shows you've made with non pangolin users.

is your goal live button mashing shows (DJ/rave/concert), or is your goal to create pre-programmed shows?

Quote Originally Posted by gogostar87 View Post
    Thank you

Is this package any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1408986150...84.m1439.l2649

do i have to buy shows for this software or can i get them free somewhere? Is it truth that pangolin doesn't play .ild files? if so can they be converted to pangolin format?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

However, there is a Pangolin show portal where users can share shows. I'm a Pangolin user but have never used the portal as pre-programmed shows are not my thing currently, so I can't comment in the quality.

Steve Milani on the forum seems to be a bit of a show machine though
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yes. steve milani does some great work.

there are some good shows on the pangolin show portal. in my opinion, the shows for Lasershow Designer tend to be much better than the shows for Quickshow.

i have more fun making my own shows, but i use LSX.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    However, there is a Pangolin show portal where users can share shows. I'm a Pangolin user but have never used the portal as pre-programmed shows are not my thing currently, so I can't comment in the quality.

Steve Milani on the forum seems to be a bit of a show machine though
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

You have an upgrade route to Beyond through QuickShow should you choose to take it in the future - I believe you simply pay the difference between the cost of QS and the Version of Beyond you're upgrading to. There are also holiday offers once or twice a year that make upgrading cheaper.

Beyond is far more powerful than QS but also a step up in price.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I own all of 'em. As swami asked, the most important question is what you want to do? Button mashing with live shows or, create full length shows for playback? Live, I think either Phoenix or Quickshow are going to be comparable and yes, Pangolin has the larger user base. For actually creating shows, I think LD2000 and now perhaps BEYOND may be better but, I haven't worked with Phoenix enough yet. The sheer amount of content out there though would push me towards Pangolin though. And yes, Lasershow Designer 2000 shows are generally much better than Quickshow shows.

Interestingly enough, the shows that come with Phoenix are exactly the same ones that come with LSX.

Thank you very much for help guys,
    It seems i should get LD2000, but cheapest one i found was over £870 ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pangolin-L...item1c2e320ad9 ) so i think i will stick to quickshow for £300

Unless you absolutely need to have Ethernet support today, I can see no really compelling reason to choose the QM over the FB3.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.