Thread: Ebay store "Newgazer"

Default Ebay store "Newgazer"

I've bought some parts here and they arrived pretty quick.
    Quick reply on e-mail and stuff arrived well packaged.
    Link to webshop

BEWARE!!! I bought 1"watt RGB module from these morons and it arrived with a bad red module. I immediately informed them, and they promised to send a new module out.
    It is now going on 5 months, and I have yet to get satisfaction. Since the purchase, I have offered to pay for a new module, and it now apprears that they won't even let me buy their mistake.
    I am now unqualified to change out a module according to their "engineer".
    They have a fairly high postitive feedback rating, but if you wind up like me with a bad purchase, you can kiss your money good bye. They will drag out the complaint until their replacement window is closed or EBay's buyer protection runs out.
    Also, be aware that they seem to be a dirt floor assembly shop, slapping these things together with hot glue using someone else's lasers. The fit and finish of their work is less than dismal. Whatever you get won't look at all professionally manufactured.
    If you get a bad item from them, immdiately take it up with Ebay and PayPal and start demanding an immediate refund. If you open a case or try to work it out with NEWGAZER, LIES, LIES, LIES!

I had a couple of okay purchases with fast emails to questions.
    There was one thing that stuck out and this could be my lack of experience but I suspect bullshit, one module (green or blue) didn't have it's fan turn on when I powered up and one did. I asked and was told that that one's fan turns on when it gets warm. I think I know enough about sensors to assume this was absurd but all the units otherwise function.

You ultimately pay for cheap one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by Revmutt View Post
    ...You ultimately pay for cheap one way or another
    This should be emblazoned on the front page of both PL and Flea Bay!
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

I bought several items from these guys.
    I once had a faulty item and they were quick to help me out.

so I can only be positive about them.
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

Let's be clear on this. No one should expect a Spectra Physics caliber laser for $350.
    This is not about quality, it is about integrity.
    Newgazer has on three occasions promised to make it right, then invents "new" company "policies" that they claim prevent them from following through as they promised. They are unscrupulous liars who depend on distance and language misunderstandings to avoid keeping their word.
    I, for one think the link to their store here is a disservice to this community and should be removed.

Sorry... didn't mean my comments in relation to your post, just in general.
    Yes, this seller sounds like a cad of the highest order with no integrity.
    Id avoid them in future and try any recourse through eBay and PayPal left open to you.
    contact eBay anyway and see if they will help. They've been good with me in the past...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Thanks for your encouragement. I am pursuing remedies through e-bay but not holding my breath.
    Maybe if I make enough noise he'll honor his commitment.

they are prob. using two ebay accounts, I have recently purchased from techhood and I noticed in my confirmation emails newgazer because I knew I had seen some mention of newgazer here:
    added to my notes:
    techhood = newgazer.com@gmail.com

It really blows to hear that techhood and newgazer are one in the same. Sounds like we need to find out who is supplying these scoundrels and eliminate some middlemen. I will get back to all on this.
    Cheers