Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PHOENIX LIVE or pangolin.

I was asked to write that review in return for some free QM2000 boards.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Andy,
    Just imagine, you would have instead started a thread in the product review section named "My excellent experience with Phoenix Live"
    Something like you did here
    Then you could have done a quick review on it's features, capabilities, interface, pros and cons, stability compared to competitive products.
    It would have helped Phoenix, it would have harmed Pangolin. And it would firm your reputation as a serious, reasonable professional.

Just imagine, but that would just not be you, would it ?

"I was asked to write that review in return for some free QM2000 boards."

So now maybe PHOENIX , is doing the same ?
    What a sell out.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    "I was asked to write that review in return for some free QM2000 boards."
    So now maybe PHOENIX , is doing the same ?
    What a sell out.
    I wish they were, a few free ones would be great.

HaHaaa.

Step 1. Open Mouth
    Step 2. Insert Foot

:0
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Of course because you stay at home playing. Testing needs to be done in the real world, not sitting next to your mum with a cup of tea and with your slippers on.

Get out of your bedroom to the real world of events and concerts and the bugs will find you.
    Andy 8 hours at a show once per week + a bit of prep time doesn't equal many hours per day 7 days per week, exploring every little corner of the software, not just the bit you use most in shows, there are many people on here doing that kind of testing time + many other people doing real world concerts and events. Most people are very satisfied with their Pangolin experience which is probably why their business has doubled in the last 12 months.

Reviewing 10 year old software allegedly without vital updates and comparing it to the latest rival product really shows an apparent agenda when otherwise you could simply have done a straight review without comparison.

As for this:

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    I was asked to write that review in return for some free QM2000 boards.
    Are we really expected to believe Pangolin offered to hand out multiple £1K boards for a 6 line review on a hobbyist forum to someone they allegedly took a franchise away from?
    Last edited by White-Light; 01-03-2013 at 06:36.

Hi Andy,

I agree with your answer, and because of that i could imagine why you decided to skip Pangolin and use Phoenix.
    If Phoenix does what it should do for you and it's stable then no one here would blame you for that, you want the best for your customers so you decide what you offer them!

A multi-watt Laser projector is dangerous and under no circumstances must any software that MIGHT contain bugs be used to control it.

Astatc, you have no idea how many times we have reported problems to Mr Benner in the past, and his answers were always "our system to blame". No Lack of communication on my part. Just had enough bashing the head against the wall.
    Agree, i don't have any idea, this should be picked up by Pangolin.
    And because of your experience you decided to go to Phoenix, no problem, like i said it's your choice you want the best for your customers and i can only agree with that point of view.
    If i had support which doesn't fit my wishes i would also complain or switch over to a other product, that's the good part of a free choice.
    Problem sometime is that the discussion heats up and went to a situation like this, we are all human and i also had the same discussion ones, there won't come a next time i've learn my lesson.
    Better keep it in private, this aint gonne work it only makes it worser

In the past I did report a VERY SERIOUS QM2000 Network adapter problem to Bill Benner and even gave the solution to fix it. That problem left the QMboard in a very dangerous state. I gave up helping after not even a thanks was given.
    If this is true!, i would be mad also, "again, if this is true" this should be a lesson for Pangolin to thank there helping community, strange part is that some here get a product for there help and you did not even got a thank you. (@Pangolin, try to fix this, it's not word the discussion).
    I'm not saying Pangolin had to give you a free product but if you really helped them out with that bug Pangolin could be so kind to at least say thank you Andy for helping us with this problem, i agree.

But lets get out of the discussion and try to help you out.
    I would suggest to post your problems in a topic over here so maybe someone recognize it and could help you out, i would give it a try!
    Like you said:" Bill told that they are all relative to your hard/software" so let see, maybe they are and if Pangolin see a problem which they could solve i think they will contact you by PM or respond to the topic (am i wright Pangolin?).
    It's not the end of the world, we got luck on 21-12-2012

Kind regards

Bart

Dear Mr Sone,

It's so nice to see how passionate you are for Bill. But You cannot imagine how much I laugh here to see you stand up so much for the same guy who was laughing about you in the ILDA conference.

Never mind, you will see in time.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Andy 8 hours at a show once per week + a bit of prep time doesn't equal many hours per day 7 days per week, exploring every little corner of the software, not just the bit you use most in shows, there are many people on here doing that kind of testing time + many other people doing real world concerts and events. Most people are very satisfied with their Pangolin experience which is probably why their business has doubled in the last 12 months.

Reviewing 10 year old software allegedly without vital updates and comparing it to the latest rival product really shows your agenda when otherwise you could simply have done a straight review without comparison.

As for this:

Are we really expected to believe Pangolin offered to hand out multiple £1K boards for a 6 line review on a hobbyist forum to someone they allegedly took a franchise away from?

I am not posting any details of bugs that will only help Bill Benner who does his best to put competitors down any chance he gets, those days are gone. And I never wanted anything free from pangolin.

A simple thanks instead of " Andy lets keep this between us " would have been a nice touch but I am not clinging at all on the past so its not important, all I have been doing here is showing the truth to people considering to buy a system. If Mr Benner should be so normal and apologize for things he did in the past; and he very well knows what those things are, then it may be possible for the dialog door could be opened because that would show me he is actually human.

Quote Originally Posted by astatic View Post
    Hi Andy,

I agree with your answer, and because of that i could imagine why you decided to skip Pangolin and use Phoenix.
    If Phoenix does what it should do for you and it's stable then no one here would blame you for that, you want the best for your customers so you decide what you offer them!

A multi-watt Laser projector is dangerous and under no circumstances must any software that MIGHT contain bugs be used to control it.

Astatc, you have no idea how many times we have reported problems to Mr Benner in the past, and his answers were always "our system to blame". No Lack of communication on my part. Just had enough bashing the head against the wall.
    Agree, i don't have any idea, this should be picked up by Pangolin.
    And because of your experience you decided to go to Phoenix, no problem, like i said it's your choice you want the best for your customers and i can only agree with that point of view.
    If i had support which doesn't fit my wishes i would also complain or switch over to a other product, that's the good part of a free choice.
    Problem sometime is that the discussion heats up and went to a situation like this, we are all human and i also had the same discussion ones, there won't come a next time i've learn my lesson.
    Better keep it in private, this aint gonne work it only makes it worser

In the past I did report a VERY SERIOUS QM2000 Network adapter problem to Bill Benner and even gave the solution to fix it. That problem left the QMboard in a very dangerous state. I gave up helping after not even a thanks was given.
    If this is true!, i would be mad also, "again, if this is true" this should be a lesson for Pangolin to thank there helping community, strange part is that some here get a product for there help and you did not even got a thank you. (@Pangolin, try to fix this, it's not word the discussion).
    I'm not saying Pangolin had to give you a free product but if you really helped them out with that bug Pangolin could be so kind to at least say thank you Andy for helping us with this problem, i agree.

But lets get out of the discussion and try to help you out.
    I would suggest to post your problems in a topic over here so maybe someone recognize it and could help you out, i would give it a try!
    Like you said:" Bill told that they are all relative to your hard/software" so let see, maybe they are and if Pangolin see a problem which they could solve i think they will contact you by PM or respond to the topic (am i wright Pangolin?).
    It's not the end of the world, we got luck on 21-12-2012

Kind regards

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Most people are very satisfied with their Pangolin experience which is probably why their business has doubled in the last 12 months.
    No, that's just because they found the best marketing way to attract newcomers into lasers (=> all these dj which buy a 1000$ rgb laser out of eBay ) by flooding the market with their Quickshow and making great communication with some chinese laser vendors... A lot of pro laserists around the world already use Pangolin stuff so that's just impossible those doubled in numbers, maybe even they will tend to disappear due to the competition of cheap lasers + quickshow!

Ok Andy, i respect your choice.