Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PHOENIX LIVE or pangolin.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    No, that's just because they found the best marketing way to attract newcomers into lasers (=> all these dj which buy a 1000$ rgb laser out of eBay ) by flooding the market with their Quickshow and making great communication with some chinese laser vendors... A lot of pro laserists around the world already use Pangolin stuff so that's just impossible those doubled in numbers, maybe even they will tend to disappear due to the competition of cheap lasers + quickshow!
    Oh what a great move that was: Thanks to Pangolin we have DJ's charging 200 dollars to do shows that Pro companies would have done for some thousands.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by astatic View Post
    I've also seen problems with the QM2000.net and the Auto negotiation settings, it seems the older nics getting more trouble communicating with the newer ones which will support the 1Gb speed.
    Most of this can be solved by settings the line speed and duplex to manual 100mb full duplex.
    It's not something special for Pangolin's QM2000.net product, i'm working in the IT business for years and see more products having trouble with it.
    Maybe that's why Buffo and maybe also White-Light had no problems with the QM2000 and Andy has with his QM2000.net?
    i want to give support to astatic's statement on auto-negotiation. i work in very large IT environments and checking to see if auto-negotiation is enabled is one of our very first steps in troubleshooting network issues. the theory is great, but often it works sporadically causing dropped packets and transient network issues.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Oh what a great move that was: Thanks to Pangolin we have DJ's charging 200 dollars to do shows that Pro companies would have done for some thousands.
    Of course that sucks, but we could not really blame Pangolin, they just seized the opportunity of having a new wider market. The blame is rather for chinese manufacturers which are offering high powered junk projectors for almost nothing

But yourself should not be too woried by this, as I see the laser market will be split into two parts in the future : the low/medium power (a few watts, which was the predilection market for PL members before, and which is covered now by 1000$ chinese projectors so affordable to djs) and the very high power (10-100 watts, which will still cost a lot in the future due to lower demand). And as long as I know you are more into the second market But that's unfortunately not the case of most "older" people out there...

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Of course that sucks, but we could not really blame Pangolin, they just seized the opportunity of having a new wider market. The blame is rather for chinese manufacturers which are offering high powered junk projectors for almost nothing

But yourself should not be too woried by this, as I see the laser market will be split into two parts in the future : the low/medium power (a few watts, which was the predilection market for PL members before, and which is covered now by 1000$ chinese projectors so affordable to djs) and the very high power (10-100 watts, which will still cost a lot in the future due to lower demand). And as long as I know you are more into the second market But that's unfortunately not the case of most "older" people out there...
    This is what i call "hitting the nail on the HEAD"

"nuff said!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Dear Mr Sone,

It's so nice to see how passionate you are for Bill. But You cannot imagine how much I laugh here to see you stand up so much for the same guy who was laughing about you in the ILDA conference.

Never mind, you will see in time.
    Andy, ultimately I'm not bothered or going to get personal. I have made mistakes on here in the past and IF I happened to be the butt of a joke at the ILDA conference then so be it, at least I gave everyone a good laugh.

The only problem I have with anything in this thread is the apparently unfair claims you've made against Pangolin and although I am a fan of Pangolin software, I'd have been just as inclined to pull you up on it if they had been directed towards Phoenix or Fiesta. You'll notice all the way through I've never made any comment against any other software and if I had chosen to, then it would have been proportional and fair.

I've also spoken to Bart who told me the problem he experienced with Beyond was not in fact a problem with Beyond per se but a conflict between Beyond and a particular build of LD2000 when both were running on the same pc. As I don't have LD2000 installed, that explains instantly why I've never encountered it and its hardly a slight on Beyond because Beyond on its own was / is stable.

@White-light.
    Be aware that i have to install LD2000 otherwise Beyond would not run.
    But i also need LD2000 for the plugin with my 3D software Cinema 4D so they both will be installed on the system anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by astatic View Post
    At the moment i have a ticket for a problem with there software
    Bart, please contact me personally (not Pangolin support, but me personally) through email. I want to check in with you and find out what this "ticket" is all about and what we need to do in order to solve all of your problems. If you've already contacted me once by email, just send me another email now. If not, then use our contact form to start the communication. (We don't publish email addresses on the forum to avoid spam.) The contact form is at: www.pangolin.com/contact

Astatc, you have no idea how many times we have reported problems to Mr Benner in the past
    Yes indeed. That's the problem with forum posts. The fact is that NOBODY has any idea how many times you reported problems -- including if the number is zero!

Andy, we have not received even a single email from you since we terminated your dealership and you became upset with us. Also -- you probably know (or maybe not) that we monitor both email addresses and IP addresses to find out who is downloading software updates from our site. We have not seen you download a software update in years!

Andy, I know that you're upset that we terminated your dealership, and that we sent a free system to one of your former employees. It is THESE THINGS which you're upset with us about -- nothing more. But ever since then you've done nothing but publicly decry our software and our service (software and service which you heralded prior to our terminating your dealership).

As I wrote in my initial post, if you have legitimate problems and a sincere interest in solving those problems, I am available nearly 24 hours per day and nearly 7 days per week to help you. You may contact me by telephone at +1-407-299-2088, by Skype at PangolinShows, by Yahoo Instant Messenger at PangolinLaser, and by email either using our contact form or the email address you no-doubt have.

But if your only interest is in shooting arrows at us, man we can take it. That's no problem. But this just isn't the way to make friends on the forum...

Best regards,

William Benner

HAHAHAHAHAHA; I am not upset at all. So don't try to explain some other motivation for my posts.

I am so pleased with pangolin products that I wish I could get all the money back and give it to Phoenix, because of BUGS !!.

You always answer, Oh its because we terminated your dealership. HAHAHA, I laugh every time you write that because it is exactly the only kind of childish answers you can think of. The reason for my posts if you can read are about bugs and yet again Pangolin almost cost us a show on New Years Eve. And I would love to see the so called dealership agreement you keep referring too.

A reminder for your brain: I Refused to sell or support pangolin products because too many clients were reporting bugs, it became impossible or too risky for my reputation to offer Pangolin. The choice was mine not yours.

I am telling people the truth about your failing software.

Oh, and for the record to show what a dirty player you are: you were contacting employees of mine while they were still employed by our company. Do you know what means STILL. So what will you say next, "Oh I did not know", I think that is called "industrial espionage".

And asking to give you a full report on Fiesta, what makes it good. Tried ever to work yourself, Yup I know you are very busy with your best sellers book club.

Bill, I give you some advice, Maybe its time to wake up to the reality that you had your day )). People will only accept Buggy software for a time then work with another supplier.

The reason for your apparent rise in sales is due to the Chinese offering projectors very cheap which also goes along with your price dumping efforts of FB3 to be cheaper than the likes of Fiesta/Mamba.

Now one final word here for you about Beyond: I have not heard a single good word about beyond from any company. NOT a single one. Your friends who work for free might say WOW Bill its great but the real words in the business are very opposite. I expect a few messages to fol,ow this from the Bill Benner supporters club too )).

So with that Bill and the other three pangolin staff, I wish you a happy new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Bart, please contact me personally (not Pangolin support, but me personally) through email. I want to check in with you and find out what this "ticket" is all about and what we need to do in order to solve all of your problems. If you've already contacted me once by email, just send me another email now. If not, then use our contact form to start the communication. (We don't publish email addresses on the forum to avoid spam.) The contact form is at: www.pangolin.com/contact

Yes indeed. That's the problem with forum posts. The fact is that NOBODY has any idea how many times you reported problems -- including if the number is zero!

Andy, we have not received even a single email from you since we terminated your dealership and you became upset with us. Also -- you probably know (or maybe not) that we monitor both email addresses and IP addresses to find out who is downloading software updates from our site. We have not seen you download a software update in years!

Andy, I know that you're upset that we terminated your dealership, and that we sent a free system to one of your former employees. It is THESE THINGS which you're upset with us about -- nothing more. But ever since then you've done nothing but publicly decry our software and our service (software and service which you heralded prior to our terminating your dealership).

As I wrote in my initial post, if you have legitimate problems and a sincere interest in solving those problems, I am available nearly 24 hours per day and nearly 7 days per week to help you. You may contact me by telephone at +1-407-299-2088, by Skype at PangolinShows, by Yahoo Instant Messenger at PangolinLaser, and by email either using our contact form or the email address you no-doubt have.

But if your only interest is in shooting arrows at us, man we can take it. That's no problem. But this just isn't the way to make friends on the forum...

Best regards,

William Benner

Thumbs down AndyF97 is hiding the truth

I Refused to sell or support pangolin products because too many clients were reporting bugs, it became impossible or too risky for my reputation to offer Pangolin.
    This is a lie, and you know it Andy.

Remember, many people here are ILDA members, and as such we all read the ILDA list. I remember the huge shitstorm you raised on the ILDA list when Bill pulled your dealership status. You were upset about it then, and you let everyone know it.

So here we are, almost two years later, and you are still trying to convince people it was your decision and not Bill's? That's bullshit. You might be able to lie to the new people here Andy, but for those of us who have been here for a while, we REMEMBER.

Stop trying to re-write history.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 01-06-2013 at 05:29. Reason: typo

As I wrote, I expect a few messages to follow this from the Bill Benner supporters club too )). And here we are now being accused of being a liar by one of the Bill Benner supporters club..

Sorry Buffo but I do not lie as I have absolutely no reason to do that..

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    This is a lie, and you know it Andy.

Remember, many people here are ILDA members, and as such we all read the ILDA list. I remember the huge shitstorm you raised on the ILDA list when Bill pulled your dealership status. You were upset about it then, and you let everyone know it.

So here we are, almost two years later, and you are still trying to convince people it was your decision and not Bill's? That's bullshit. You might be able to lie to the new people here Andy, but for those of us who have been here for a while, we REMEMBER.

Stop trying to re-write history.

Adam