Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PHOENIX LIVE or pangolin.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA; I am not upset at all. So don't try to explain some other motivation for my posts.

I am so pleased with pangolin products that I wish I could get all the money back and give it to Phoenix, because of BUGS !!.
    Well in that case you're brilliant Andy, in a few hours a week in a show using limited features, you appear to have managed to find more bugs in Pangolin software than thousands of busy top professionals have in years, whilst at the same time apparently finding Phoenix, which you don't use, to be perfect. Truly Remarkeable!

You also use Showtime but from memory I believe you made similar claims about Beyond in another thread, where you claimed you tested it and it was a worse programme than Showtime and a retrograde step, and yet from Pangolin's IP register, it seems you you did all that without downloading a single copy! Fantastic!

And before another commercial appears about beyond, I tested it and have not a single good word for it.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...light=pangolin - Post 14

As an owner of 25 QM2000 cards and spent many tens of thousands on Pangolin products. I would have liked to agree but I can't. While I do find the Hardware to be first class indeed
    Really? It was crashing all the time above ruining your shows....

, most of the guys at Pangolin very loyal/honest and committed to service
    Yet above the service was terrible, they never replied to your emalis, they didn't thank you for bug reports and the staff were childish..

but on the other hand I find the software to be cumbersome, dated and over rated. Sadly for now its the only real choice within a reasonable budget.
    Showtime is 10 years OLD. Beyond is the new software. And wasn't Phoenix in existence when you wrote that? Yes it was Andy as it was only months ago and yet Pangolin was your only real choice.

And before another commercial appears about beyond, I tested it and have not a single good word for it. Showtime is still better even if showtime has it's flaws.
    Hmm yet you never downloaded it according to Pangolin's IP register or bought it yourself as you use Showtime.

That's wonderful ESP Andy. Ever thought about taking up palm reading? (Maybe you saw that comment coming )

If I was running pangolin, showtime would be un-touchable by any other system where now its leaving an open door for others to come along with something better.

My opinions are based on 25 years experience in the field, honest and unbiased.
    So Showtime is all but untouchable and would be if you ran the company, and yet according to your starting post in this thread its all but totally useless!

I am an owner of 23 Pangolin boards with 19 of them being Network upgraded, that is a lot of money to spend with a company over these years and now we must change because it has become more and more frustrating to see the same old bugs appearing/ crashes and problems that should not exist
    But again I thought you said it was practically untouchable?

My opinions are based on 25 years experience in the field, honest and unbiased

BTW as you're being so honest you need to count your QM boards as you had 23 at the start of this thread but 25 in the other.
    Last edited by White-Light; 01-06-2013 at 06:20.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    BTW as you're being so honest you need to count your QM boards as you had 23 at the start of this thread but 25 in the other.
    YUP, I gave 50 quid trade in when a client upgraded 2 boards to ishow. )))

Jeez Ali,, your mum has been busy on Lexicon.

As I am such a lair: Actually, I love pangolin and I think Bill is a really great guy and I really admire him as a great inspiration. We never had any crashes in the past 8 years with pangolin products. Pangolin is the best company in the world which has the most stable and trust able systems. Anyone thinking to buy laser show software should only buy Pangolin because its the best.
    Last edited by andyf97; 01-06-2013 at 06:29. Reason: My mummy said to change it.

Not really interested in the politics or flaming going on here...

But on a more practical note, if you're "upgrading to Phoenix" then all those Pango.NET systems and cards will be redundant won't they?
    And as you HATE them so much as they don't work so well, you'll be selling them right?
    Fancy giving us a price for some as there's a huge community of us poor hobbyists here who would struggle to afford them at full price... I'm sure they'd get snapped up by us guys n girls who are still happy to use LD2000/BEYOND/LivePro for our shows as we're not really dependant on things being perfectly reliable as we don't do shows 'professionally'.

I'll start the ball rolling at Euro1500 for two of them shall I?
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

I'm going to chime in here for just one quick minute. Many years ago when I got into the laser hobby one of the first people I met was Yaddatrance (Kyongsu). This was way before PL and I believe at the time finding other laserist was quite difficult. In any case back them I didn't have financial resources to afford Pangolin. Yadda was at the time working on a small project called Ghettolaze. It was our dream to create a working system for cheap so that other users can engage and share in an open source experience. That led to the development of Photondream. We created a this The board has 2 x 16-bit DACs for X & Y, 8 x 8-bit DACS for color, 16 TTL channels.It has two onboard microprocessors, an 8051 and an SX52 clocked at 100Mhz. The 8051 is dedicated to the USB 2.0 High speed protocol (480Mbps) and has three endpoints defined. The SX52 is used with 4Mb offboard 12ns SRAM to provide the frame storage and timing... The micro code for both processors was coded in pure assembly with speed and accuracy as the primary goals.

At the time we thought could enter the game and give other users an alternative to Pangolin. But alas real life for all of the players involved family,work and all the other shit that comes into play prevented us from going further. Fast forward many years later and what do I see Pangolin has an FB3 Dac with new software. I ended up picking one up second hand and the support I received from Pangolin was as if I bought it first hand. Not only from Bill but a few of the other guys that work there. I'll just say this my hat goes off to Bill for being available as much as he is. He could always play the card and say well we do not support second hand sales etc. I get the feeling Bill likes what he does. He has my future business.

@ Andy your post is fairly childish. If you found an alternative to Pangolin by all means use it no harm done. If you want to take the path we did and spend tens of thousands of dollars to try to create your own Dac and software by all means be my guest.

Andy, I'm up for buying one (or more) of those crap boards you speak of.

Shoot me a PM on the price of ~three of them (maybe more if the price is right). Turds shouldn't cost much, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    I'll start the ball rolling at Euro1500 for two of them shall I?
    Brings me to an interesting point, if I ebay them I will have to lie and say they are perfect ).

Actually, I have already been looking at how to sell them and likely that will be around march when we are supposed to be ordering 10 new projectors.

Anyone else interested, send me a PM with Pangolin sell off as the subject and when the time comes, I will contact you.

Hi ArcDevilz,

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    I ended up picking one up second hand and the support I received from Pangolin was as if I bought it first hand. Not only from Bill but a few of the other guys that work there. I'll just say this my hat goes off to Bill for being available as much as he is.
    Thanks for the kudos! We appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    He could always play the card and say well we do not support second hand sales etc.
    While I can see your point, I will also point out that our license agreement specifically allows transfers of the license. I've not seen any other company with such a provision.

We're happy to have you, and everyone else (even Andy believe it or not) be a part of the Pangolin family, no matter how you've acquired our system.

I'll never claim that we've created a perfect company, or that we have a perfect product. But I will claim that we'll do everything in our power to satisfy you.

I will also state that I'm a busy guy and sometimes folks can't get my attention personally. If your email is not answered, try picking up the phone. We've got a whole company full of people, and if I personally ever drop the ball, there will be someone else on the team there to pick it up.

Best regards,

William Benner