Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHAT is the BEST Laser show software PHOENIX, Fiesta, Moncha, ishow, Mamba black.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    (Oh and James... I own a DAC you built for Laserboy but have never gotten my hands on the software.
    http://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_2012_12_30.zip

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

This is mostly personal preference when it comes to the high grade softwares and especially on what you put the focus on. (phoenix, pangolin or lasergraph) .

However the winner for me is pangolin LD2000 professional if you can afford it.
    It's the ultimate tool for graphics.

Mamba: very unstable and doesn't really hold up to its time feature wise.
    Moncha: too limited
    Phoenix: ... unstable, not really good 3D wise (horrid 3D support), paying for updates bullshit, not recommended for making graphic shows.

Lasergraph DSP: Not tried yet, sadly quite expensive.
    Heard good reviews about It and from what I'm seeing this is really powerfull, would recommend this next to pangolin LD2000 professional.
    (if someone is ever planning to sell a lasergraph DSP, please hit me up with the price you want for it).
    Last edited by masterpj; 01-07-2013 at 01:41.

Yes Andy, i would like to know if and what your going to sell of your Pangolin stuff in the nearby future.
    Just like Bradfo69 would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I think the reason Andy didn't include Pangolin is because he's looking for the one to replace his Pangolin gear. I get the impression that he's not wholly convinced by Phoenix, despite his other thread.
    HAHAHA, Nice but very wrong.

Actuially, i created a question to ask what is the best from that list but just to show what ass kissers you guys are, you flood the post with Pangolin adverts.

bravo, its exactly what I expected you to do and that is why I did not answer ))).

You forgot the new Medialas software : M3... Looks better than the previous Mamba But not tried yet, just saw a quick demo from the guys at Prolight&Sound Frankfurt.
    http://www.medialas-showlaser.de/m3.html?L=1

Quote Originally Posted by astatic View Post
    Yes Andy, i would like to know if and what your going to sell of your Pangolin stuff in the nearby future.
    Just like Bradfo69 would like to know.
    Likely in March as we plan to replace a lot of old gear then. I know two other companies who are also going to sell off pangolin boards and turning to phoenix and another new system for Apple Mac, so there could be about 40-60 boards going cheap this year.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    another new system for Apple Mac
    Please tell me more about this??

A laser software for apple?
    Sounds like a bad move software wise you would be chasing off all windows users.
    In mac you can use bootcamp to run windows applications, while hackintosh works.. most people don't even bother and to top it all off there aren't too many mac programmers in this industry at all so when it comes to third party development.. this aint too much of an hotshot .

Stick with the software that is there now, if it aint broken don't fix it nor switch it.

I'm interested in 1 or 2 LD2000 intro .net boxes.

If your looking for something else as pangolin i would choose Fiesta. Or a RYA multibus controller build in that works also with Mamba , LSX and LDS. Maybe phoenix too so changing your hardware gives you the option to try several different kinds of software to see wich you like. The multibus has everything on board. If it worked also with Fiesta i would have it in all my projectors because you could offer the customer several software options to choose from. I personally like Fiesta but its a personal choice. It seems very stable but maybe it also has something to do with that i never go with the mainstream.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Actuially, i created a question to ask what is the best from that list but just to show what ass kissers you guys are, you flood the post with Pangolin adverts
    Sorry, maybe I missed the advert for Pangolin, other than mentioning their name in my post. Care to enlighten me? Maybe the bee in your bonnet affected your perceptions or something.

I think, on the 'How to win friends and influence people' scale, you're definately the winner though... And that's 'winning' on the Charlie Sheen scale btw

Although I'm a Pangolin user, I'm far from an ass kisser (having had my own issues in the past), but if you want to shoot down all of those around you, allies or otherwise, you go right ahead. I for one enjoy watching self destructions on the internet. This is clearly a 'honey pot' thread for you, and it's obviously done the trick of being another vehicle for your bitching, sniping and whining *waaaaah*.

Getting back to the original topic, from what I've seen, Fiesta seems to be the best developed, robust, intuitive and most likely to be around of the rest. Certainly, it's probably where my money would go.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.