Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 445nm specific PBS cube GB

I meant to say 15x15x15 I think that gets the qty pretty close to 50 right?

Looks like we can do 50pcs of 15mm

Is everyone cool with 15mm cubes? 50pcs of 15mm cubes are going to come to $38AUD a cube
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Damn... it's takes a whole bunch of extra keystrokes here to say the word "fine".

Sorry for being so late coming to the party. If there's still room in this GB, I'm in for 2 cubes.

Adam

I just discovered a company that sells the waveplate attached the the beamcube. I really need to go with this sort of design. I would assume everyone else would benifit from the same thing. Not having to mount the waveplate seperately, not needing to mount the 2nd diode(s) at different orientation, would benifit every show laser design that I am aware of. Except maybe the guys that want to have slow and fast axis crossed, but typically those designs don't need a larger beam cube or special coating as power is not really an issue on such low tech solutions. But I might be wrong.

http://www.cn-optics.com/products/Be...ers_PBS_WP.asp

Dave can you ask them if they can do the same waveplate as attached to the beam cube as in the link above?
    It would need to be a 1/2 waveplate for 445nm.

I am not 100% certain on it needing to be 1/2 or 1/4 wave plate, but so far it seems it should be 1/2.

Does anyone have issue with the cost increase this might cause? Does anyone really not want a waveplate on the beamcube?

Hmm, I have been thinking about the idea of a 1/2 waveplate ( not 1/4 glued to a pbs, and I would have thought it would be useful to be aqble to rotate the 1/2 wp to get max thruput?

PS Jon, I have just ordered some bits and pieces from the mob i get the 1/2 waveplates off - just asked the question regarding bigger 445 waveplates
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I'd be in on this group buy, but I'd rather not have to wait since I have a show coming up in 2 weeks and a burnt 10mm 445nm PBS cube that needs replacement. Seeking a replacement from anyone that might have one. Please send PM!

Much appreciated,

-rick

I would be up for ½ wave plates, true zero order contacted, AR coated for 638 and 445.
    Rick

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by zetist View Post
    I just discovered a company that sells the waveplate attached the the beamcube. I really need to go with this sort of design. I would assume everyone else would benifit from the same thing. Not having to mount the waveplate seperately, not needing to mount the 2nd diode(s) at different orientation, would benifit every show laser design that I am aware of. Except maybe the guys that want to have slow and fast axis crossed, but typically those designs don't need a larger beam cube or special coating as power is not really an issue on such low tech solutions. But I might be wrong.
    crossing slow and fast axis isn't exactly a low-tech solution. it's a way to ensure divergence on the x and y axis remains constant and makes for better beam blending with other lasers.

power is not an issue on my smaller builds...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	complicated-445.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	37519

but it certainly is on my larger ones.

Name:	10x445-aligned-01.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	37520
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

..I think the other-concern with the 'cubiplate-combo' is rotational-range limitation.. not far you can rotate to glean max-thruput, if one/two of a multi-watt knifed-input is a nano-tweek off, (...and the diodes are already rotated as far as they can-go / dialed-in the best they can on the prism-knives.) w/o killing the others' efficiency, or possibly murdering the other axis.. Still, might be an interesting cube to test for 'lower-risk' builds, ie: a 4-up'er... ...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    ...but it certainly is on my larger ones.

Name:	10x445-aligned-01.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	37520
    ..I believe this laser can be 'heard' at 2:44-2:45 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKt2Y83njlk, amirite?
    nice werk, Mr C...

..So, Dave - are we at 50, yet? Keep us posted, and me on that larger 1/2-wave - *NEED*..

cheers..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-22-2013 at 15:26. Reason: moar clarity...
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...