Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 445nm specific PBS cube GB

Adam,
    Just to be clear, you were testing the efficiency of these cubes both for transmission and for reflection? Was there a significant difference in the throughput for these two different functions? Also, did you physically rotate the source or the cube to look at the orthogonal polarization or did you use a 1/2 wave plate?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    ..One is with Jon, just waiting on his results
    Football has been passed to Sir Chad.. my only options for giving it a 'spank' were 2.2W.. or 32.5W..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lincoln's Bad Head Day.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	40402

Chad's rigs will better-be able to test 'up and down the scale', methinks, and he's very methodical, so I am sure the tests will be highly-trustworthy and full of good-data.. :cool

just fyi..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

This is not to be critical of anyone. I am just trying to understand the problem here. If these cubes are available then the only question is; what are their reflection and transmission numbers. These will be power-independent up to their damage limits. This should take 10 min. conservatively and are relative not absolute and so the power meter only has to be stable for a few minutes and over a small range ie say 92% vs 97% of a few watts.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

planters... you and me both. We're going into month 11. It's a $38 item. I can't look at a laser show and tell the difference between 3.54 and 3.58 watts. I appreciate Dave wants everyone to get some nice cubes but, seriously... how "mission critical" is this? Are we doubting the specs the manufacturer is claiming or something? If it were really "that" critical, wouldn't you expect to have bought a much more expensive cube from a specialized company anyway?

Sorry... not trying to be a prick since I don't necessarily have pressing use for these but, this really "has" dragged out for some time now... and some people may have thought they were getting these like... last spring. There is still a payment window, a wait for the order to be shipped to Dave window, then Australia to the states window. So... it's going to end up over a year since we were asked if we wanted a cube.

Hey Eric,

I sent you a PM a few months ago asking if you wanted to do some testing.... You never replied.

As I said, I tested these, with very low losses at under 1w

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    This is not to be critical of anyone. I am just trying to understand the problem here. If these cubes are available then the only question is; what are their reflection and transmission numbers. These will be power-independent up to their damage limits. This should take 10 min. conservatively and are relative not absolute and so the power meter only has to be stable for a few minutes and over a small range ie say 92% vs 97% of a few watts.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Dave... re-read my post now that PL is back up and I apologize that it sounded a little harsh. It's just been a lot longer than I would have expected and right now, still no estimated time table.

Once chad has some results, I will report back, and we should be able to finally get this show on the road - that is if everyone still wants these parts..... After the burning issues with the bbar cubes, I want to be absolutely certain these are ok, rather than rely on quoted specifications....

I can appreciate that! I'm in for the wave plates too.

Dave: 10pcs
    LaNeK: 2pcs
    Kovacika: 2pcs
    Bradfo69: 2pcs
    dsli_jon: 4pcs
    danielbriggs: 2pcs
    Insanity: 2pcs?
    zetist: 16pcs
    buffo: 2pcs
    hitekvoop: 2pcs
    Displaser: 2pcs
    uamdme2: 2pcs
    polishedball: 1pcs
    Laser_Kiev: 6pcs ( 10mm )
    ireedz: 2pcs

Hi guys I have been really busy with day job stuff but am planning on giving it a go tomorrow. I am going to test with 4W of 450 and see what the losses are. Then I am going to smack it with ~25W of 445 and look at the losses. Then I am going to cook it for a couple of hours at 25W and see how it does. The thing I am curious about is high power photo bleaching of the cube bond.
    Anyway I will get into it tomorrow and let you know what I find.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.