Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Pangolin ScannerMax

How about a nice DSP based driver that is like the new MEADE telescopes. Turn it on and it self calibrates and keeps itself happy. If you give it something it can't handle it just parks itself at a safe location you pick like down into a beamstop in the case. YEA YEA DSP this DSP that. Don't bother. I think they have come the distance and could really useful at their present level of power. I also think that it could be more efficient and keep power down. You might even be able to run them like we do fighter jets in the unstable regions for more speed and better handling if the settling times could be better managed by using a few million positioning points per second. Think of it like calculus. It's in the limit around the point. In this way you are not worried about establishing a feedback PID thing and are free to run about the range without ringing. You can even precalculate the over shoot so it gets just in time positioning. Pulled this out of my...... so take it for what it is worth. Not much just an idea. If you remove all analog adjustments you can shrink the required board size as well! Come on 1"x1" drivers that fit on the back of the heatsink for the scanners. I still want to see 200mw white light in a 1 lbs cube no bigger than 6"x6"x6".

One last thing. Someone make a power supply that is designed for the scanner set that is plug and play. This is not hard but having two supplies is a pain in the ass. Run at 28-48v for more coil moving.

I have yet to see a under 200$ switcher that meets its MTBF on the data sheet. That is why I like packaged solutions. Also clients are great at finding all the statistical possibilites of miswiring the rails, so please keep that in mind as well.
    One last thing. Someone make a power supply that is designed for the scanner set that is plug and play. This is not hard but having two supplies is a pain in the ass. Run at 28-48v for more coil moving.
    Amen

I wish. And years ago this was definitely the case. But, now with so much international business across many time zones as well as personnel cuts @ many companies I believe response to email has become more important if not the standard.
    I here you, but I still stand by this.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Let me be the first to state I reverse ground and a rail from time to time as well. Usually when I'm tired, hungry, and do not have the good sense to go to bed. It happens on some very tighly handwired protoype boards at the chip socket. This has lead to extreme meter checking, keyed sockets and connectors, careful choice of solderable prototype boards, and color coding at the Mixedgas house. I'm human too.

This makes a good case for the ISPUSH!, ILDA STANDARD UTILITY POWER SUPPLY HARNESS.

I'm too tired to think of a cooler acronym right now.

Deterministic is the word Kecked was searching for. DSP (Deterministic means the amp can see the past or future) scanner amps would be cool, but I bet Beyond already does some of that thinking.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 02-12-2013 at 13:44.

Surprised that this hasn't been posted already

Scanner Max Video from Photonics West

http://www.youtube.com/user/opticalscanning

I like the design of the mount, simple and flexible
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build