Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1.3w 650nm cni maybe rubbish?

Hey adam
    Yes they are p73's and yes they are well cooled to around 5 deg in a sealed case and some silica packs
    Running at around 1200ma
    There will be a 10-12w rgb build thread coming with lots pics

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Badger, you say thats a quad 4W module, I take it the whole thing is quite heavily TECed and they are the 73 mitsus?
    What current are you driving them at?
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

so heres a few pics
    I still have to finish the case and I think I will re do all my dichro mounts for something more solid but Im pretty happy for a first attempt
    I got into an indoor hall/bball court for some trials
    Im pretty happy with it but now I have an overwhelming urge to build a bigger better one

I THINK ITS AN ADDICTION

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0836.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	36874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0835.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	36875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05192.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	36876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05191.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	36877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05205.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	36878Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05209.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	36879

So glad you stirred clear of that 650nm and managed to finish succesfully the 638nm 1watter in no time.
    make sure you monitor the working temp, you may have to add additional heatsinking (for example ram or vga chip heatsinks on top of the diode mounts)

I will pretend I didn't see that iTrust board in there for now (as i pretend not to see such a board in one of my boxes, too )
    Just be carefull as it tends to shoot out a full power static beam when changing from dmx to ilda (i.e. when un/plugging an ilda cable)

An excellent replacement dichro mount can be newport MM1 mounts (or equivalent from thor labs or clones).
    They tend to go around ebay for 40usd each, maybe less if you are lucky

Thanks for the pics, it looks very nice!
    "its called character briggs..."

a word of warning , you might want to get the red sealed up in a box.
    as i found out at the last uklem for some reason fog juice loves red lasers more , and it shitted up my optics so bad the red was down to a mere glow in a matter of hours
    i have no idea why but it did , the blue and green where fine, after a quick clean power was back, but two hours later shitted up again.
    anyone else get this problem ?
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Haha yep the board came with the scanners It is a tempory thing theres two TEC pads under the red and one under the blue they get the plate pretty cold they are run in series off the 1.5a 12v psu just on all the time.
    Im going to have one more crack at building my mirror mounts SLOWLY I tend to get excited and want to throw something together to see some BEAMS

Cheers badger I will also put the red in a case infact I will probably put both the red and blue in cases

Thanks again for all your help guys much appreciated!!!!!