Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beyond Bogs Down

WAV as you get timeslip with shows in all laser software using MP3.

I wonder therefore if the MP3 format is somehow causing the leak?

Edit: This is really strange. I've never heard of a memory leak being hardware specific but I can't reproduce it on my laptop. I've created 2 new tabs in the timeline and populated each with an Mp3 and some random cues. Playing them back to back its actively releasing memory not leaking upwards. Using build 523 although I have a much later specific testing build to hand pre-fix "T" but I know thats not what you'll probably be using for shows.

Only other difference is I don't have a FB3 connected, so maybe the multiple DAC's is having some influence.

My last thought is on systems using less than 3GB of physical memory, maybe there's an issue with scratch disc performance.
    Last edited by White-Light; 01-24-2013 at 01:01.

Hi Planters,

BEYOND has log system. The log files contain useful information for problem detection. In case of “out of resources” BEYOND has additional subsystem that should generate a problem report. The problem report is also give important information about the problem. In case of memory leak, or other software problem, please do not wait. Sending log file, problem-report or additional information about the problem allow us react faster, and make Pangolin software better. Contact us by email: report at pangolin dot com.

Best regards,

Alexey Sinitsyn.

I would also add to what Alexey has said that if you have a problem that doesn't automatically generate an error report, it's worth forcing Intensive Logging as this then records much more data than the regular logs and can help Alexey find the problem.

To force Intensive Logging, Go to Settings" in the main Tool Bar Menu at the top left hand side of the window.

From the drop down menu choose "Configuration".

The Select the "Log" tab.

You should then find a large button in there labelled "Force Intensive Logging for the next session".

Click this then restart Beyond and try to replicate the problem. If it not replicated, repeat the activation of Intensive logging so its logs this way for the next session. If it has been replicated, locate the Log by time and date from the Beyond folder then attach it to your email to Pangolin.

White-Light,

Thanks. That is nicely put. I may not get to this until after our Boston excursion. But, we may play with during the meeting and I'll post along the way.