Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ShowLEM 2013

Absolutely no worries at all Jim. Of course, it would be nice to see you, but you already do plenty for the UK community here by organising the main Surfleet LEM's.

In the meantime let's just hope for a financial miracle, i'll keep my fingers crossed that you win the lottery

Take care

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

When I click on your map link. It puts me in the middle of the Irish Sea!

HeHe... Ahh well, that's Google Maps for ya!

I'll get another link up shortly.

<edit> Try the new link, there's less swimming involved
    Last edited by Jem; 01-21-2013 at 04:37.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Steve's link above works fine. Just close the photo, click on "Mappa" then zoom out a little.

Im In like Flynn

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

O.K. Folks... It's only a couple of days before I need to let the Hall Trustees know whether or not the booking is confirmed. At this point i'll have to pay a deposit to secure the booking.

So far we have eight names on the list, which in my opinion isn't sufficient to make it a viable proposition as the cost is going to be over £35 per head. It may be that some regulars haven't seen the post as yet, but I do know that other regulars have been logged in to PL during the time that this post has been visible. This would suggest that there simply isn't the interest in running the ShowLEM again this year.

I'm extremely reluctant to pull the plug, but I can't really afford to take the financial gamble again this year as I really don't need the stress right now.

There's still a couple of days before the final decision has to be made, so if you're sat on the fence it would be great to get an indication as to whether or not you may attend.

If you know of anyone who may be interested in coming along, perhaps you could just get in touch and ask them to log in to PL and add a post to this thread.

Many thanks

Jem

jem,

I may well also bring a "guest", just waiting for hime to get back toe me as he is due to be away some time around August. Happy to pay up front, if this helps with the deposit situation?

Cheers

Steve

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

This is a shame!

Showlem is a brilliant event, but I do understand Jem needs the "heads" (or bums?) to go through with the booking.. he had a close shave last year.

So without slagging anyone! PULL YOUR FINGER OUT UK MEMBERS.
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

Just to let you know Jem i won't be coming - I just don't see that miracle happening
    If it does though and I can afford it, I will pay for the bleedin lot
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I just don't know Jem as my situation is very difficult atm as you are aware. The dates don't look good either for me. I *might* make it but I really can't commit so I'm a no and a bonus if I later can, but you do need to assume no in my case. Very sorry.