Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Osram PL520 Green Laser diode GB feeler Any interested out there.

Default Osram PL520 Green Laser diode GB feeler Any interested out there.

So guys and gals, I have been given what I think is quite a good offer for these illusive green diodes.

The diodes are spec to run at 50mW but are running quite happily at 120mW; maybe higher with suitable cooling.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...764#post257764

OLD PRICES
    PL520 OSRAM QTY 50 = 117 EURO EACH
    PL520 OSRAM QTY 200 = 99 EURO EACH

NEW PRICES as of April 02 2013
    PL520 OSRAM QTY 50 = 95 EURO EACH
    PL520 OSRAM QTY 200 = 85 EURO EACH

Price includes shipping but 5 euros is added for an ESD protective shipping box.

Diodes are 95 euros each + shipping box, + paypal charge.

Datasheet here:http://www.dpss.ro/datasheets/PL_520_2012-10-23.pdf

Dave has sent me a mount for these diodes and it is perfect.

List as of 03 April 2013.

andyf97:4,paid
    kitatit:2,Paid
    Fiddy:2,Paid
    taggalucci:1,Paid
    mojo:1,Paid
    Laserbiker:2,Paid
    -bart-:1,Paid
    RedlumX:1,Paid
    Blord:2,Paid
    absolom7692:1,Paid
    krazer:4,Paid

Total Diodes 21

GB Rules:

No order will be placed until every payment is in, if that never happens in total then a full refund will be given to everyone right away.

I will give maximum 2 weeks for all the payments to arrive unless requests are made directly on the forum to extend it.

Interested parties, Send me a quick PM to confirm your interest, I will send you the payment data and I will add you to the list above.

Last edited by andyf97; 04-14-2013 at 23:30. Reason: Updating

to save everyone looking it up could you post the data sheet andy?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hello Andy

Please put me down for two of these diodes. These green diodes are the coolist things to come out since the Ca$10 445,s.

Thanks
    Laserbiker

Please put me down for two(2) diodes.

Posting to track / see where the numbers go...

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I'm up to 4 now. Might be 5 later today.

Would be nice if you also get a housing with it as they are 3.8mm and hard to find. Maybe dtr will sell them the lens. I have found the g-2 works well. Also no dichro will work for this. One stop can supply a dichro that will blend red with this green (ask for the one he gave me) but then the reflect blue dichro blocks the 520nm so you need a fullwave pbs cube.
    I didn't ry a normal pass green reflect red dichro but it might work since it works for argon. I was trying to combine red and blue and then combine that with the green to cut down on loss since green is the limiting factor but no dichro seems able to pass 638 and 445 and reflect 520. Any way the dichro did reflect 520 and pass 638 well so I used that and then a pbs cube to add back i nthe 445. Just that I'd pass along my experience. Use a flexz mod and run off 12v. Works fine. Alsi the mits 110mw 638 diode is a nice match. The pl450b actually needs dialed back. Expect about the same output as from a 60x hene pair. Plenty for the home. I hear that more powerful diodes are coming later this year.

Point being to use these you need:

Diode with mount and g-2 lens
    PBS cube
    Special combine red and green dichro.

PS: I tried the dichro in the dtr projecytor optics kit and it can also work.

Lastly. It's GREEN real GREEN once your eyes see this dpss looks sooooooo yellow.
    Last edited by kecked; 01-23-2013 at 03:29.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I'll take one. I could use a spare. Would be nice if you also get a housing with it as they are 3.8mm and hard to find. Maybe dtr will sell them the lens. I have found the g-2 works well. Also no dichro will work for this. One stop can supply a dichro that will blend red with this green (ask for the one he gave me) but then the reflect blue dichro blocks the 520nm so you need a fullwave pbs cube.
    I didn't ry a normal pass green reflect red dichro but it might work since it works for argon. I was trying to combine red and blue and then combine that with the green to cut down on loss since green is the limiting factor but no dichro seems able to pass 638 and 445 and reflect 520. Any way the dichro did reflect 520 and pass 638 well so I used that and then a pbs cube to add back i nthe 445. Just that I'd pass along my experience. Use a flexz mod and run off 12v. Works fine. Alsi the mits 110mw 638 diode is a nice match. The pl450b actually needs dialed back. Expect about the same output as from a 60x hene pair. Plenty for the home. I hear that more powerful diodes are coming later this year.

Point being to use these you need:

Diode with mount and g-2 lens
    PBS cube
    Special combine red and green dichro.

PS: I tried the dichro in the dtr projecytor optics kit and it can also work.
    Hi Kecked, I am also on the go with the newer diodes and in a cue for some samples but not sure if these will ever come. Seams that it will be at least 2 years before we can get any. I suspect the PR done by the manufacturer was to put people off buying the osrams.

I did hear on the grape vine about some multi-mode green with wide emitter which will be similar to the 500mW reds from Mitsubishi with a Pulse peak of 1W.

Do you have some beam shots from your experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Would be nice if you also get a housing with it as they are 3.8mm and hard to find.
    Sorry to invade Andys thread, but I have had 3.8mm housings for a few months

edit: I should be in for at least 1pcs
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Its fine Dave,

Have you tried one of the green diodes to fit, if not send me a mount and I will check it out for you and then can include in the GB if we ever get that far, the mounts aswel.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Sorry to invade Andys thread, but I have had 3.8mm housings for a few months

edit: I should be in for at least 1pcs