Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TEXLEM 2013? Please, lets make this happen!

Default TEXLEM 2013? Please, lets make this happen!

Does anyone know what the status is for a TEXLEM in 2013? I would love to assist in any way that I can to help make this event happen.

Too much on my plate now to plan towards another TEXLEM anytime soon. If we do another one, it will likely be early summer, unless someone else takes the lead and makes it happen sooner. Not sure, as If we're already into summer, it may make better sense for all of us to go to SELEM in August.

Len, Tim, other 2012 attendees - thoughts?

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I would be happy to come to another one but, as always, weekends are my biggest problem. I tend to agree that if it's early summer, it probably makes more sense to hold off when SELEM is right around the corner. Personally I liked the timing of the last one as it's kind of midway through the year and... a year between LEM's is TOO long! The other nice thing was getting on the airplane in like 15 degree weather and getting off the plane in 65 degrees and humid. Granted the rest of the weekend wasn't as warm but, escaping the northeast that time of year is always a good thing.

Like Greg, my overflowing plate leaves me little time to seek out a new venue (most likey closer to Houston)
    I really like the venue we got last year but my unanswered emails leave me thinking its no longer available to us..sad.

WE ( Tim & Greg& myself) busted our collective humps to make TEXLEM 2012 happen-- we had hoped for a bigger turnout but otherwise IMHO it was a huge success. I think we would need more attendees and a larger 'steering' comittee.

Sidenote-- I am already working towards a car-pool (towing a small utility trailer for gear) to make the drive from central Tx to SELEM 2013
    - Min. of two besides myself-
    Four total would be even better.
    No car renting- or flying for me- & I will say now that I am not wanting to get to NC late (like on Friday) or leave early ( Like Sat nite) but still am somewhat flexable on this.

PM me please-- Len

If You Build It (TEXLEM)...I Will Come!
    We are already commited to a family vaca end of July 2013... in Maine!
    Pretty sure I won't be able to make the journey to SELEM...

But...have a repeat or similar to TEXLEM and I am In Like Flint!

It does not look like the San Antonio venue will be available anymore

Organizing another TEXLEM will be harder.
    Last edited by Displaser; 01-29-2013 at 17:56. Reason: didn't proof read it.... doh!
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Yes- the venue in S.A, may not available due to the brand new wood floor in the area we use. I understand that- but it saddens me still because of how nice those people were to us and how idea their place is/was for a LEM.

We are still hoping to find a venue- most likely close to Houston- BUT- we REALLY need a big turnout or all that hard work will be pretty much for nothing and I can tell you there will be NO TEXLEM 2014 -- at least not organized by Tim.Greg and myself. So you texans who made TEXLEM last year need to do your part and get us some committed
    attendees and that needs to be done ASAP-

Just as a feeler how would the second weekend in May look for you(in Houston)?

I ask that because my cook-off team may be doing an event the weekend before so we could get lots of dead animals smoked for the LEM- ready to re-heat and slice- down side would be that I would have almost no time just prior to TEXLEM to do much organizing due to the cook-off.

That would be may 11.12 & 13- we are looking for a venue near Pearland- because that is where the cook-off will be and there is a *possibility* of a sponsor donating a guest house nearby that we all could use and thus not need hotel rooms- that would mean a big savings... We would for sure need advance payment from all who want to make this happen- we can always refund if not enough are willing to commit. What we will NOT be doing is putting the three of us in the position where we would be paying for those who did not follow thru or just never even tried to attend.

PM your Qs to Displaser or me-- and do it now!

hak

Default Count Me IN!

Sign me up for TEXLEM! Have been waiting Too long already!

TY Rod- meeting you last year was great-
    We need your help with the Austin area members-- see the new thread on TEXLEM Houston and start to spread the word.

Don'T let all the very hard work done last year by Tim and Greg be wasted.
    We may have lost our fav venue in San Antonio
    but not the desire to meet again in Texas.

These things do not happen by themselves...

Len

I am all for another TEXLEM if it was in the Dallas area I wouldn't mind either... I wish I had a warehouse!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.