Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LSX tutorial video series

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Hi Jason,
    how come?

So here is part 7! I go through the procedure events and try to explain what they do. It became a bit of a monster... I never thought I would beat the length of part 5 (18 minutes) but I did with this one! Also check the last part for a very rare sight.

Veel plezier ermee!

And part 8 is up! This is a short one and not so difficult.

Default LSX DAC issue

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Hi Jason,
    how come?
    Thanks for letting me 'hijack' your awesome thread just for a little bit, CMB.

My LSX issue is I can't get my (USB soundcard) DAC recognized in the settings so I can't drag it into a timeline. There is even a checkbox for EZAudDac. The DAC works fine on an old win XP computer with other laser show software but I installed LSX on a new laptop running Win7. I disabled driver signing when installing the sound card drivers and the USB soundcard icon appears in the tray so I'm at a loss. The next step is to try and get other laser show software running my DAC on the Win7 computer, working on that now.

What worries me is I asked Dr. Lava (Only as a last effort, I don't like to bother him with DAC install problems) and he stated "In the past I haven't had good luck with sound card DACs and win 7. for now, I suggest people use Riya Lite units ($150) or OLSD DACs, both of which LSX supports. regards, andrew". So I'm a bit disappointed because LSX is advertised to work with EZAudDac...

If anyone has ideas, please let me know. I renamed the .dlo drivers to .DLL in the directories below because the install instructions stated "In the install folder, rename your driver .dlo to .dll" so I hope I used the correct directories.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ILD SOS 1.4\drivers
    and
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Laser Show Xpress

All that LSX power just waiting to be unleased LOL

Thanks for reading, -Jason

Hm, I don't think I can help you with that. I have no experience whatsoever with sound card DACs.
    Yes, those are the correct directories for the drivers.
    Can you get any other programs to work with it? Both laser and non-laser programs?
    It sounds like a Win7 x64 issue...
    Is everything right in the EzAudDac.ini settings?
    Other than that, I'm out of ideas... I hope somebody else can help you!

By the way, sorry for the delay in the uploading of the rest of the tutorials, I got distracted by a LEM :P
    I made a bit of a mess of the next one so editing takes longer than I'd like.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i think this is one of the reasons almost everybody suggests never using sound card dacs.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Thanks for letting me 'hijack' your awesome thread just for a little bit, CMB.

My LSX issue is I can't get my (USB soundcard) DAC recognized in the settings so I can't drag it into a timeline. There is even a checkbox for EZAudDac. The DAC works fine on an old win XP computer with other laser show software but I installed LSX on a new laptop running Win7. I disabled driver signing when installing the sound card drivers and the USB soundcard icon appears in the tray so I'm at a loss. The next step is to try and get other laser show software running my DAC on the Win7 computer, working on that now.

What worries me is I asked Dr. Lava (Only as a last effort, I don't like to bother him with DAC install problems) and he stated "In the past I haven't had good luck with sound card DACs and win 7. for now, I suggest people use Riya Lite units ($150) or OLSD DACs, both of which LSX supports. regards, andrew". So I'm a bit disappointed because LSX is advertised to work with EZAudDac...

If anyone has ideas, please let me know. I renamed the .dlo drivers to .DLL in the directories below because the install instructions stated "In the install folder, rename your driver .dlo to .dll" so I hope I used the correct directories.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ILD SOS 1.4\drivers
    and
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Laser Show Xpress

All that LSX power just waiting to be unleased LOL

Thanks for reading, -Jason
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

CMB, very nice job! You cover some good aspects of LSX that all users should know in these tuts.
    As an addition, I suggest starters read the timeline help documentation under 'help'. Also, when you right click 3d and other effects, and edit event properties, you are able to control multiple source events at once by selecting them with the checkboxes.

JasonB, LSX does support sound card DACs, but sound card DACs are still limited by what they are. For example, if you select a sound card that doesn't have 6 channel mode in windows 7 working right, then it won't work as a sound card DAC. In addition, because of the way windows 7 operates, editing the .ini file for use with EzAudDAC and a sound card DAC is not as straightforward as it should be. You have to place the EzAudDac.ini file in both the LSX install folder, and in the "windows 7 secret cloning folder" C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Laser Show Xpress\EzAudDac.ini
    This is all part of windows 7 and is due to the fact that it doesn't allow user mode apps to write to their own installation folders, so it creates this virtualStore, yadda yadda yadda. With other DACs you don't have to worry about any of this. Hope that helps