Thread: Any interest in a CanadaLEM?

Default Any interest in a CanadaLEM?

Hey everyone,

As some of you may know, I recently moved to Canada! On the LEM front this isn't good because it doesn't seem there is much happening here in the way of LEM's and the US LEMs aren't actually much closer seeing as I'm in the north ( Fort Providence, NT ). Pretty much the only difference is that I'm separated by land rather than water.

I'm not sure how many Canadian laserists there are but would there be any interest at all in a CanadaLEM at some point in the not so distant future?

Cheers!

Adam
    Last edited by Diachi; 02-19-2013 at 14:12. Reason: Punctuation

I know there was a bit of interest, I heard chatter on the IRC channel. As you are on the west coast there should be a NWLEM or a SOCALEM coming up sometime. SELEM still wouldn't be bad to hit up... If you do something in BC more people can make it up, airfare to seattle isn't bad and then we can drive up from there...

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Hey Adam,
    i
    Sounds cool! Could probably get to NWLEM if that gets organized, as long as I have a car by then - could probably drive that in 2-3 days from here, Edmonton is a 12 hour drive as far as I know and Portland is probably about twice as far as Edmonton. If there is interest for it a BCLEM could probably be arranged

Is there much interest in a NWLEM at the moment?

Cheers,

Adam