Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melles Griot Power Meter Calibration Instructions

Default Melles Griot Power Meter Calibration Instructions

Hi,

I have a Melles Griot laser power meter which needs re calibrating. I do not know its part number, but pictures of the unit are:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Font (1).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	34909

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Font.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	34910

Does anyone have instructions on a calibration procedure for this meter? If not any schematics which may help me figure this out?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

I know this sounds stupidly obvious, but have you contacted Melles Griot?

They seem to be very helpful if approached in the correct manner. Same goes for Coherent, i've contacted them on quite a few occasions and found them to be very helpful.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem,

I did try and got nowhere, but not sure if I was persistent enough. I think I will also try and give it another go.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Guys,

Thought I would give this one a bump as just about to throw it away. Having tried all the sources I can I still have no feedback on how to calibrate this laser power meter or if anyone knows anyone who could help. Any feedback really appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Nooooooo..... Don't throw it away!!!!!!!!

Bring it to the LEM, I'm sure we can work it out. Rob will probably have his calibrated Thorlabs meter there so we can probably calibrate it off that.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jem,

We did try during the last LEM, with Rob's power meter. The problem was there are about 3 or 4 multi turn pots inside and none of them seemed to do the trick. we then became a little worried that we could mess the head up and maybe blow it. I did not want to do this as I may have to use the head with another meter, if all else fails. So what I really need is a manual or schematic to tell me what pot does what. From what I understand you can blow the heads if you take them way out of kilter. so the decision is carrying on playing and risk the sensor head or just keep the sensor head and throw away the rest. Obviously I would rather get it all working as is. Hence the thread bump.

Cheers

Steve

Ahh... I see. O.k., not as straightforward as first thought then

Surely there must be someone here with an idea of what to do... Anyone???

A bit of a long shot, but what about this?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320558735136?redirect=mobile
    Postage is a faff... If you don't fancy it, maybe there is a US member who could kindly take delivery and scan it in?

The old Melles manuals I have for other bits are very detailed and how a manual should be.
    I.e. Contains theory of operation, step by step schematics, pin outs, etc.
    Obviously no guarantee its got cal. data in it but I would give it a go before it even crosses my mind its bin-it-off-time.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Thanks Dan, any of my US Pl friends able to help out? All I need is either the manual delivered to you and scanned or send onto me via a cheaper method? Any help really appreciated

Cheers

Steve

If you can get someone to scan it Steve, they can just save it as a .pdf and upload it, far quicker and easier. Wouldn't bother with snail mail, just print it out this end.