Thread: 2kW fiber coupled diode system

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default 2kW fiber coupled diode system

http://teradiode.com/2012/11/09/tera...t-diode-laser/

"The TeraBlade 2000 is a 2kW system operating at 970nm and has a 100-micron delivery fiber The company expects to ship beta-level systems to multiple customers in the first half of next year. Due to its modular design, the TeraBlade platform is scalable up to 6kW to cover a wide range of applications in the cutting and welding markets; such higher power lasers will be introduced in the coming quarters."

nice!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'll take one @ 808nm please..

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd33 View Post
    I'll take one @ 808nm please..
    Skip the pumping, i would like to see direct SHG.
    Kilowatts of 485nm, yes please !

It's dense wavelength coupled and has no single wavelngth to double. More like 20 or so wavelngth evenly spaced around 970nm.
    But you possibly can cut steel with it.

... I have some pumping diodes with 975nm and 5 to 25 Watts - and plans to test combining some of the fibers with GRIN-lenses for focussing, so the combined head won't be bigger than 20mm, but with some ten of the diodes focussing on maybe 0.2mm spot diameter.

Maybe 6 years ago we designed and built an adjusting stage for 20Watt-diodes, so 80 pcs. of them pointing to a mirror-cone could be combined to a ringfocus-laser with 1.6kW on a 0.4mm spot ;-)

Viktor

It's dense wavelength coupled and has no single wavelngth to double. More like 20 or so wavelngth evenly spaced around 970nm.
    I don't know. Each of the individual wavelengths (I would guess more than 20) may be intense enough to dbl. I'm not sure if the close wavelength proximity would interfere with the SHG in the crystal or fiber but, if not then the result would be more broadband than a typical laser and less valuable for some applications, however it would be bright as hell. I know the European Southern Observatory is using a SHG doubled, fiber amplified, 1178nm diode producing 20 W for their sodium guide star laser.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I know the European Southern Observatory is using a SHG doubled, fiber amplified, 1178nm diode producing 20 W for their sodium guide star laser.
    You could combine that with one of the many 445nm Death Star builds various folks here have pursued to make white:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...8029#post68029

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    You could combine that with one of the many 445nm Death Star builds various folks here have pursued to make white:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...8029#post68029

mmmm... 445 death star

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.