Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 200mW 650NM Laser from 18X DVD Writer

It also depends on if the original beams are polorised towards 100:1, Robs may be polorised 50:50 hence still only the output of 1 beam.

Jim

Up to now I have been trying using the optics from the pickup assy of the dvd drive. My Alignment has not been optimal - I now have a decent workshop to build stuff in hopefully this will soon no longer be an issue - plus i wanna build mounts such that I have the possibility of rotating one or both lasers to get the polarsation optimised. Also I have tried combining the beams then lensing them which I think is not best so Im gonna build a couple of modules with individual focus and then combine the beams (also this will alow me to more closely match the spot sizes). I will keep you posted and provide pix though I have a busy month in Jan so It really wont be until early Feb before any results appear.

Rob

Rob,
    I checked out your website
    http://www.stanwax.fotopic.net/c662316.html
    Your laser looks to be a white light and your projector has advanced capabilities. Is this your setup?; if so why are you messing around with combining 2 red LDs? Just curious

That can be answered very easily

2.8 gallons per min. mains water
    45+ Amps @220V

enough said

Rob

Whoa!! I see...

Don't get me wrong the whitelight is gorgeous - its my pride and joy it just can't be run too often or the electricity supply company may get upset (cos I might not be abe to pay the bill)

So I mess about with other 'little' lasers in the house to satisfy the craving or coherent photons.
    Plus as well its cool to knock stuff up yerself.

Rob