Thread: If you have any suggestions...

Default If you have any suggestions...

Hello,

I am new here but I thought that maybe asking for your advice would help so don't hesitate to reply if you've got any suggestion..
    I am currently a high school student (junior to be more precise)..I find the art of holography very interesting and I would like to learn more about it.Here,in our country,we cannot take any classes since there aren't any programs available. I've been searching for information (theory and also practical applications) and right now I am expecting my first holographic (beginner) kit(from litiholo).
    However I'm looking for a University program regarding this matter.. Until now I only know the one in Germany (Academy of Media Arts-Cologne) and in Ohio State (OSU) in the US..
    I am from Europe so obviously I'd prefer something around here..so I was wondering if anyone around here knows more than I do about it....

Thanks in advance for any information.

Hi Eleena

Good places to start learning and ask questions are here: http://www.facebook.com/holography and here: http://holoforum.org/forum/

There's a few holographers lurk here, but not much action.

Nice to have you join us though, could you fill out your location in your profile then we know whereabouts in Europe you are?

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

You should check if there is any SPIE or OSA student chapter at any university close to where you live. I see there's an SPIE chapter in Bucharest. Those chapters are kind of science clubs related to optics and photonics. If you go there and show some interest they will be happy to show you some cool stuff and possibly even as a high school student you could become a member.

Also, you need to be more specific what you mean by holography. It is a pretty large field with many scientific applications. Making 3D pictures is the commonly known application for holography but in fact it is just the tip of the iceberg.
    http://c4r0.byethost9.com/ - If you like lasers, high voltage, x-rays and stuff like that, check out my website

Hello,

Thanks for answering ..and sorry for replying so late but I thought if I would wait a bit longer maybe other people would answer my questions too ..but yeah thanks for your suggestions!

@c4r0 yes I am interested in holography as art but also in the concept of quantum holography technology ..so I guess I could never find a program which fits both of them..but anyways thanks for you suggestion,I'll try that too!

Eleena

Did you join the Facebook group?, I can't remember seeing your name there. If you join there are some expert holographers there that could probably help you.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation..
    Thank you Jem,I'll join the FB group and ask there too!