Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is good lasershow music?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I thought you'd likely chime in here soon. What's you're thought on the "everyone create a show for SELEM" idea. Since SELEM is your baby to begin with.
    I recall we've talked about it before.

I also recall your having posted a good thread on how to create a show that I tried to find and link for Rizard but, didn't look hard enough.

PS - Looking VERY much forward to the day you actually get the time to do something to "Windows".

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    yes, by all means!

all software/show styles welcome. not a competition, just a "let's see how different laserists interpret the same piece of music"..
    Right - but what does the winner receive??

Brad - I'm only writing in LSX as my only other option is Mamba MIII. Thankfully, anyone who wants to share LSX (or Mamba) content has the ability to export to ILDA . . I agree that it would be nice to see other software packages runs at the same tune, though.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    What's you're thought on the "everyone create a show for SELEM" idea.
    I like the idea in principle, but in practice it's a nightmare. Not sure if you were around back when one of our Canadian members (LaserLover) tried to organize a community-created laser show to "Tough Enough", by the Fabulous Thunderbirds. It had a lot of community interest, but in the end it failed utterly because so few people actually did what they said they would. (And I fall into that camp as well; I was supposed to work on part of the song, and I never got around to it. oops.)

It's hard to pick a song that has enough appeal to everyone so that they'll all work hard on producing a really good show, and even if you do get the song selection right, some people still won't have time to get the show done before the event.

We can certainly try it though, and I'm up for doing a new show for SELEM anyway, but I wouldn't get your hopes up...
    I also recall your having posted a good thread on how to create a show that I tried to find and link for Rizard but, didn't look hard enough.
    I believe I linked to the thread you were looking for above.
    Looking VERY much forward to the day you actually get the time to do something to "Windows".
    Another Jan Hammer fan, eh? It could be a great show, but the animation is just too far beyond my shitty artistic ability to even contemplate attempting on my own. Maybe if I can get my buddy to do some of the work for me though... (Got a pal here in town that really has a talent for drawing, but he's also lazy as hell!)

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the difference here is it isn't a collaboration. we have a song and we have artists interested in making a show to the song. one artist per show. much simpler.

if people participate, awesome. if people don't participate, the project doesn't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I like the idea in principle, but in practice it's a nightmare. Not sure if you were around back when one of our Canadian members (LaserLover) tried to organize a community-created laser show to "Tough Enough", by the Fabulous Thunderbirds. It had a lot of community interest, but in the end it failed utterly because so few people actually did what they said they would. (And I fall into that camp as well; I was supposed to work on part of the song, and I never got around to it. oops.)

It's hard to pick a song that has enough appeal to everyone so that they'll all work hard on producing a really good show, and even if you do get the song selection right, some people still won't have time to get the show done before the event.

We can certainly try it though, and I'm up for doing a new show for SELEM anyway, but I wouldn't get your hopes up...

I believe I linked to the thread you were looking for above.

Another Jan Hammer fan, eh? It could be a great show, but the animation is just too far beyond my shitty artistic ability to even contemplate attempting on my own. Maybe if I can get my buddy to do some of the work for me though... (Got a pal here in town that really has a talent for drawing, but he's also lazy as hell!)

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

No... there was another one where you explained or, made suggestions about how you work on a show. It talked about loading up a collection of frames or cues you like and playing around with them. Maybe a year ago perhaps??

The only drawback I see to a number of people attempting this is, the time it would take for everyone to be sitting in the auditorium to review them and the switch between gear for different platforms - and then to listen to the same 5:16 of music 4-5-6 times or more.

Fortunately, SELEM is a long enough event that it could be do-able. Maybe a Sunday morning thing from say 10-11:30 or something.

Oh...and FYI, five months, 2 days and about 21 hours but, I'm NOT counting of course.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's almost enough time for my sloth to make a show...

Oh...and FYI, five months, 2 days and about 21 hours but, I'm NOT counting of course.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    the difference here is it isn't a collaboration. we have a song and we have artists interested in making a show to the song. one artist per show. much simpler. if people participate, awesome. if people don't participate, the project doesn't fail.
    OK - I'm cool with that. The song you linked to above isn't really something that grabs me, so I'll probably forgo making a show for it myself, but if you want to organize the effort for others to make shows to it, I can easily block out some time in the auditorium to run them at SELEM.
    No... there was another one where you explained or, made suggestions about how you work on a show. It talked about loading up a collection of frames or cues you like and playing around with them. Maybe a year ago perhaps??
    Ahh, I think I remember the one you mean now. Have a look in this thread. Posts # 17 and # 28 should be what you were looking for.
    The only drawback I see to a number of people attempting this is, the time it would take for everyone to be sitting in the auditorium to review them and the switch between gear for different platforms - and then to listen to the same 5:16 of music 4-5-6 times or more.
    It could get a little boring, yes, but there's always lots of things going on at SELEM, so I don't see it being a big problem. (But this does get back to my earlier post about always picking a song that is insanely popular to start with!) Plus I doubt we'd get more than 4 or 5 submissions.

I'm willing to block out some time for it if people want to try it...

Adam

Happy to help!

Adam