Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is good lasershow music?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

awesome. thanks!

i don't imagine it would be more than a handfull of shows. it's just a song i liked and am planning to do a show with, so i thought it might be fun to see different takes on the same music.

i kind of did the same thing a while back when i made my own show to jean-michel jarre "revolutions".

i will be at SELEM with a pocket full of lsx shows.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    OK - I'm cool with that. The song you linked to above isn't really something that grabs me, so I'll probably forgo making a show for it myself, but if you want to organize the effort for others to make shows to it, I can easily block out some time in the auditorium to run them at SELEM.

Ahh, I think I remember the one you mean now. Have a look in this thread. Posts # 17 and # 28 should be what you were looking for.

It could get a little boring, yes, but there's always lots of things going on at SELEM, so I don't see it being a big problem. (But this does get back to my earlier post about always picking a song that is insanely popular to start with!) Plus I doubt we'd get more than 4 or 5 submissions.

I'm willing to block out some time for it if people want to try it...

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Can you participate when you don't attend SELEM? A contest aka friendly show off of your skills might be just the amount of motivation I need to actually finish something :P

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Um... we sorta sidetracked your thread Rizard. Sorry!!! Blame the Americans.

@CMB - I don't see why not. I'm sure they could add your show if you create one into the mix. Perhaps if we get the live feed working properly for people to check in, you could see all the shows too. I never know how that works out but, I know every year people attempt to set the feed up.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i don't imagine it would be more than a handfull of shows.
    I agree.
    it's just a song i liked and am planning to do a show with, so i thought it might be fun to see different takes on the same music.
    Sounds like a fine idea. Go ahead and run with it!
    I kind of did the same thing a while back when i made my own show to jean-michel jarre "revolutions".
    I've seen a few videos of laser shows set to that piece, but I've never seen any of them live. Would be nice to watch some at SELEM though.
    i will be at SELEM with a pocket full of lsx shows.
    Really glad that Brad was able to work that out (with a little help from a few silent partners of course). Looking forward to meeting you and watching some of your awesome LSX stuff.

In fact, if you're interested in putting on a short talk on how to get started with LSX, I can easily block out an hour or so in the classroom upstairs for you... Give it some thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Can you participate when you don't attend SELEM? A contest aka friendly show off of your skills might be just the amount of motivation I need to actually finish something :P
    Sure - why not? If you want to make a show to that song, go ahead. We'll be sure to play it at SELEM with the others. Just be sure that someone will be at SELEM with both a copy of your show and the proper software/controller combination needed to run it.

Swami - would you mind being the "clearinghouse" for everyone who submits an entry?

Adam

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Um... we sorta sidetracked your thread Rizard. Sorry!!! Blame the Americans.

@CMB - I don't see why not. I'm sure they could add your show if you create one into the mix. Perhaps if we get the live feed working properly for people to check in, you could see all the shows too. I never know how that works out but, I know every year people attempt to set the feed up.

I tried that at the last DutchLEM and Google Hangout made it a pretty painless process (though you needed a Google+ account to set it up, not sure how that counts as 'painful' :P), it streams it through your youtube channel so very easy access. If only I had a way to connect the camera to the laptop so people could actually see the beams...

In fact, if you're interested in putting on a short talk on how to get started with LSX, I can easily block out an hour or so in the classroom upstairs for you... Give it some thought!

Adam
    A bad idea, he'd just put on Youtube with my tutorial videos, with a sloth in front of the projection screen. Nobody would notice anything!
    Actually might be a good idea, the sloth probably gives a more interesting show than I ever did :P
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 03-12-2013 at 13:11.

I agree.

Sounds like a fine idea. Go ahead and run with it!

I've seen a few videos of laser shows set to that piece, but I've never seen any of them live. Would be nice to watch some at SELEM though.
    you've probably already seen this, but here's my version.

Really glad that Brad was able to work that out (with a little help from a few silent partners of course). Looking forward to meeting you and watching some of your awesome LSX stuff.

it was so gratifying for this to happen. i'm really looking forward to being there. so a big thank you to brad, and dz, and dk, and others.

give it some thought? naw.. i was hoping for opportunity. i'm no drlava, but i've picked up a few tricks and i'm happy to share.

Sure - why not? If you want to make a show to that song, go ahead. We'll be sure to play it at SELEM with the others. Just be sure that someone will be at SELEM with both a copy of your show and the proper software/controller combination needed to run it.
    i'll bring LSX, and my show collection. it works fine with an etherdream dac or with a qm2000/qm2000.net. i'm sure finding the hardware will not be a problem.

Swami - would you mind being the "clearinghouse" for everyone who submits an entry?
    you bet. no problem.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i'll bring LSX, and my show collection. it works fine with an etherdream dac or with a qm2000/qm2000.net. i'm sure finding the hardware will not be a problem.
    I plan to bring my 5 Medialas DACs and a laptop with LSX Pro this year, so we could just put everything LSX on that machine for the auditorium material and leave it in place?

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

that would make a lot of sense. we could grind through shows pretty quickly that way

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I plan to bring my 5 Medialas DACs and a laptop with LSX Pro this year, so we could just put everything LSX on that machine for the auditorium material and leave it in place?

-David

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Rizard View Post
    Hi you all!

Don't know if there's a thread like this (if so let me know I will delete this).

But I was interested in what do you find good lasershow music? Or on what music you like to see a show? Does it has to be instrumental, commercial, not commercial or a specific genre. Just interest in your taste and why you like that so much.

I like to do some experiments. Like this show I made:

Aarrgghh!!!! I'll have you know, this damn song has been stuck in my head for like three days!

Just thought I'd share. LOL