Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Group buy feeler for a new hazer..

Hi Al.

Well... not really.

Mostly 'cos I've been on tour and not really paying too much attention to who's interested.
    However, I think that I'll have a chat with my fella next week on Monday or Tuesday and start the negotiations anyway.
    I know I'm after one.
    I have a fairly firm private interested party for a second, but will confirm that shortly..
    Two possibles from here in UK/Europe if price is right plus one in NZ if the cost of shipping it doesn't give him a heart attack!

So that's a possible four units... May be it's worth the conversation.

I'll let everyone know how I get on next week sometime...

So fingers crossed and wish me luck hey?
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm rather flush with machines that make atmosphere but, I'd like to hear a price on this as well. I like my DF50's but, I'm not opposed to looking at something deemed better.

Default Let's get going! :)

Hi All.

Just a quick update.

After a chat with them today, have agreed a minimum discount of 10% if I buy 5 units.
    However, there's a catch.... We need to get this quoted up properly before the end of the month as they're going to put their prices up as of June 1st.

Can all SERIOUSLY interested parties please PM me to confirm their interest and what model/specifications they are after.

IE. Included fan or not (I'm tempted to use my own fan for the additional cost! But it's horses for courses...)
    DMX or 5m manual remote.
    Fluid/gas flow valve adjustable or fixed for fine haze only. (It's an additional £80+vat for adjustable)
    how many bottles of fluid you'd want etc. (£28+VAT per 5l bottle)

Once i have definitive numbers and requirements, I'll get the quote sorted and let you know the final costs.
    If you're still in, then I'll invoice you all individually and will require payment within 7 days so I can get them ordered within the quote period.
    I'm VAT registered, so the invoice will include VAT @ 20% standard UK rate which you can then claim back if you're outside the UK or an EU company.

Again, please only PM me if you are definitely going to buy... I don't want to get a quote for 5 units only to have loads of people drop out at the last minute leaving me looking like some sort of C@#* with the supplier and having to re-negotiate the deal. (sorry if this sounds harsh, but after the outcome of some of the recent GB's I'm now a little nervous that I might be sticking my neck out doing this...)

So, as time is of the essence, let the PM's commence!

Cheers all!

EDIT :- Due to someone's indescretion, my contact has been disciplined for offering this discount.
    Please DO NOT CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY as it's causing unwanted attention!
    If you want to get in on the GB let me know asap as now the heat is on we need to get this moving before the higer ups change their mind about honoring the offer!
    Thanks mr Big Mouth, whoever you are!
    Last edited by WookieBoy; 05-21-2013 at 15:55. Reason: someone shat in the pool! :@

Ok... last chance guys and girls...

Will be closing this and gettin quotes tomorrow!

So PM me now if you want in!

This is now CLOSED!

Fortunately, due to a very last minute buy in we JUST made the minimum order quantity for the GB.
    Quote in progress... will let you all know final prices just as soon as I get them.

@ wookie
    EDIT :- Due to someone's indescretion, my contact has been disciplined for offering this discount.
    Please DO NOT CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY as it's causing unwanted attention!
    If you want to get in on the GB let me know asap as now the heat is on we need to get this moving before the higer ups change their mind about honoring the offer!
    Thanks mr Big Mouth, whoever you are!
    Last edited by WookieBoy; 05-21-2013 at 18:55. Reason: someone shat in the pool! :@
    end quote

**************** why do they do this??
    It has happened to me and many others- i guess they think we are trying to pull off a fast on them-- its a stupid thing to do and can hurt all the others as well- OK to ask about pricing but to go about it in that way is just ignorant.

its idiots like that who make doing the forums any favor a PITA- rarely gets them any better deal- can hurt the host and other members in the GB as well as the company rep that is only trying to help out on both ends.

Its no wonder that the majority of GB hosts quit after having something like this happen. One guy came out on another forum and accused the host of taking great advantage or his buyers- turns out the fool got a price quote WITH OUT SHIPPING- some dropped from the list - the min. number was no longer reached the host did work for nothing and I doubt the idiot gained anything by doing this disservice.

if you have never ran a GB you no *nothing* about them-(you just THINK you do) they are stressful and the constant worry about losing other peoples money is serious &
    there is enough to worry about with Customs- damaged goods- shipping snafus- and mistakes.. I hope you discover the culprit and give him up. Also I hope this thread will do some good for other GB attempts- we are all special people but some think they are more special, I guess.

Yeah that sucks.

Sorry I couldn't come in on this one. Looked interesting, but I just couldn't find the funds.

Interestingly, for those on a lower budget and not able to stretch to one of the oil based Viscount systems, i have recently purchased a pair of the spirit 900 water based machines.

due to them sharing the same very tight tolerance vaporising block these machines also produce a very small particle size smoke / haze which with the high persistency fluid is producing very very long hang times for a water based unit. not as good as the oil but far far better than unique / neutron star units. This long hang time means much more even venue coverage and less overall density.

In my view the very small particle size also produces a haze which is more "reflective" and less attenuating than haze formed from the typical larger particles which means your beams look brighter and go further!

Good luck with the rest of the group buy - these machines really are worth it, there on another level compared with disco type smoke / haze machines.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    why do they do this??
    It has happened to me and many others- i guess they think we are trying to pull off a fast on them-- its a stupid thing to do and can hurt all the others as well- OK to ask about pricing but to go about it in that way is just ignorant...

its idiots like that who make doing the forums any favor a PITA...
    ...I hope you discover the culprit and give him up. Also I hope this thread will do some good for other GB attempts- we are all special people but some think they are more special, I guess.
    Yeah, I was pretty miffed at the time as my contact at the company was going the extra mile to make it happen for us. He never said who spilled the beans, and it may just be that no one did. It may be that his boss just happened to Google "ViCount Hazer" and this thread turned up. I which case it's my fault for sabotaging my own group buy... How weird would that be!

But I agree that the whole thing was stressful.
    I hope it now works out for everyone that took part.
    Please can everyone post a brief thumbs up or thumbs down type thing when you get your machines to let me know how it's going?

Thanks.

I 'feel ya' wookie
    when this last happened to me the chump that RE$ALLY had no intentions of getting into the GB- went around me- got my company rep in trouble- posted that he thought i was making some HUGE profit and cost me a few buyers and the trust I have worked to hard to maintain.

he got the price on the WRONG item
    he left out...
    the shipping cost & the reshipping cost
    the PP fees
    the bank transfer fee
    the cost (6$ every time in gas) to drive to the bank or shipper
    the second bank transfer fee
    my shipping materials, the time spent on== pre- reshipping tests-repacking PMing and emailing lots of times to all parties.-
    SO basically he pissed on my campfire and went on his merry way.

no good deed ever goes unpunished.