Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2013 (7th annual!) August 16th-18. Sign up now!

Hey guys -

While the Pangolin crew is in town, please see if we can get a realistic update concerning Beyond support for LD2000 shows. (That is probably THE biggest factor that's keeping me from fully embracing Beyond...)

Also, maybe ask if there is a way to accurately sync Beyond running on one computer, with LD2000 on another computer?

(Hey, I'm there in spirit... )

Thanks guys!
    Have fun, and see you at the next SELEM, if not sooner!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Laser soup! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Actually here is a picture, courtesy of platinum.

Attachment 39560

THIS is how to do a laser meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I'm worried about polishedball.
    PM sent to a few guys. Thanks for the concern. Was looking for ya number but didnt have er programmed. Did wanna interrupt buffo with a call.
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Swami and DK lsx shows in the main auditorium.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I got Pangoed.
    More text needed.
    Incredible irony...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

upgraded my DAC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	39577
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

https://d12d0wzn4zozj6.cloudfront.ne...de_Apr2013.pdf

I thought this might be useful for the LSO course attendees. I found it while looking for local courses, after looking at the prices attending Selem next year and taking one seems like a better deal...

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes, indeed. Gary has been Pango'ed. Won himself a Quickshow package. Another day down...well sort of. The hardcore are still at the auditorium until 2 am and then we'll see what happens in the conference room. I wimped out since my knees are hurting. (It's hell getting old.)

Anyway, in addition to several auditorium shows and the nightclub that is ClubSELEM, most of us were in on two talks - one on projector certification by Dan Goldsmith of X-Laser and of course, Bill Benner from Pangolin. Sorry Randy, the question wasn't asked yet but, I'll ask tomorrow. A number of new features in Beyond were demonstrated including an amazing new way of utilizing music to create cues. Or.. even in todays demo, just using your voice. ScannerMax is still in full swing and the new amps are just about ready for production. One very cool feature is you will no longer need to tune scanners by opening the projector and turning pots. It can all be done right from your lap top as it's based on a DSP engine. Several more galvo motors/actuators have been created that are ideal for beam steering including one, built sort of as a joke with mirrors the size of a dime that turned out to have surprisingly good performance for galvos. Immediately big reds and laserscopes come to mind.

As always, it's gone by far too quickly and I'm already getting that end of vacation/SELEM deflated feeling. 500 mile drive tomorow night and back to work 8:30 Monday morning. Where did the time go already??

Edit... oh yeah, and it's frickin' freezing here. Had to go to Walmart to find hoodies and switch to long pants. Due to a problem with the air conditioning, they can't shut it off and the auditorium is probably about 62 degrees and, the weather outside isn't much better.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 08-17-2013 at 22:16.

I can't put into words how influential, and exciting this experience has been. I wish I had the name memory to list all the influential individuals that had the courtesy to take time out of their day, and their vacation to help a lowly 19 year old drooling child in the realm of projectors.

I only wish I could extend a large enough gratitude to everyone individually, but unfortunately the English language is limited to only so many hundreds of adjectives.

This has been the greatest weekend of my life. The experience, the knowledge, the one on one conversation with my greatest non-family mentor.

I mean...just thank you. From the bottom of my heart to all of you wonderful souls. Thank you to everyone who decided to convert me to projectors. Thank you in advanced for depleting my wallet, and creating my smiles.

The gentlemen I met this weekend have, without a shadow of a doubt, changed my life in ways nobody could possibly imagine.

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. My ticket costs were paid off in seconds, and my imagination will never be the same.

Thank you, again.

Have excellent nights, lives, and shows. I wish all of you the best, and I hope to see each and every one of you in 364 days!

P.S. The comments on the 4 line (594/604/609/612) HeNe are very flattering. It's difficult to remain humble when everyone that sees it is so mind boggled. I'm glad I could provide the entertainment to so many, even without a massive projector.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Just bumped into Bill at breakfast. The official answer is "later this year". Problem is basically that only Bill has the ability to work on that project. No one else on his team can and right now he is fully immersed in scanner development. It will get there but the feeling is FB3 users are really the only ones affected at this point as owners of LD2000 already have a method of playing LD2000 shows. And, there are are plenty of Quickshow shows on the show portal for the time being as well as 13 BEYOND shows. Time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Hey guys -

While the Pangolin crew is in town, please see if we can get a realistic update concerning Beyond support for LD2000 shows. (That is probably THE biggest factor that's keeping me from fully embracing Beyond...)

Also, maybe ask if there is a way to accurately sync Beyond running on one computer, with LD2000 on another computer?

(Hey, I'm there in spirit... )

Thanks guys!
    Have fun, and see you at the next SELEM, if not sooner!

Randy