Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2013 (7th annual!) August 16th-18. Sign up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Of note...

For those that will fly into SELEM in 2013, Southwest airlines begins service to Charlotte, NC mid-April.

Greg
    BUT!! don't do what l did last year- book a flight into the wrong airport to take advantage of the free ride in Greg's rental car-( ouch that was a $70 mistake on my part)

Find out when the early sale discount ends then get with others flying in to avoid hanging around the airport for hours or longer. Splitting a rent car is a must if you, like me and Dave, are on a very tight budget.. Same goes for the day and time you fly home. N/P waiting a while for your flight- BIG problem if you miss your flight out-- he key is coordination of both flights. The nearest airport is not very 'near' Newton.

Attendees are going to and from the venue and the HIE often so having your own car there is not really needed.
    Just hang in the lobby and bum a ride there with the next car heading that way.

I will be placing a note book at the front desk- if you can please sign in- put your room # and your cell phone in this notebook so other attendees can contact you- both real name and forum names please.

Post in this thread to get with others for possible carpoools- rent car sharing and same for rooms.
    the lowest cost can be had by getting their most expensive room- a suite-

the HIE allows us to squeeze as many in one as we want- they have not only a full kitchen but two rooms- two beds(request one with two) a couch and room on the floor for two air beds or rollaway beds- The HIE has several but i suggest you bring your own airbed- pillows and the rest is provided by the HIE at the front desk..

IF you are flying in and need to borrow an air bed PM me & I will bring one for you to use. (while supply lasts)

Those staying over for the LSO can get together during the event and thus you should book your room with a check out of Sunday morning- then you can get rooms together for that last night-

BTW be totally ready to check out BEFORE you head downstairs for the LSO otherwise you will be checking out while the rest of us are enjoying the lunch break. You can put your luggage on a cart and the front desk will show you where to put your bags while attending the LSO- IF you leave them in your room you will be paying maybe for another night that you may not need.

I will have a suite with possible spots for many that need to stay the extra night-- see me at SELEM to work this all out.

I book one of the suites very close to the room where the LSO takes place..its very close to an exit so move bags from the room to your cars is easy...

TO those first-timers on the fence...

JUST DO IT!!
    Send in your shirt (s) size(s) and your $60 ASAP-
    THEN work on getting there in a way that you can afford.
    THEN worry about lodging and the rest..

A few each year pay and sadly things happen the keep them from joining us- IIRC they only ask for the shirt to be mailed and the rest ($40) is a nice donation to help SELEM happen and not end up in the red ... another option is to transfer you attendee fee to another member wanting to go.

All first-timers(& their guests) who can come are very welcome-

If you want to be more 'welcomer' arrive in time to help set-up(like early Thursday) AND to be even more 'welcomer' stay over to help tear down(Sunday early evening) and pack up-

do this because it the right thing to do-

we understand if you CANNOT possibly help with this- BUT the guys who bring all the gear needed for the enjoyment of ALL should be given all the help we can give. Think of this as a free lesson/experience on the part of being a lasershow operator that is not all that much 'FUN' but has to be done.

hak's dos centavos solo!!
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 03-29-2013 at 12:26.

I'm in again for this year, just have to send money. Too close to miss.

Plus I'm hoping to pick up (buy) a laser that was promised me last year by Mario Master.. ..... ........
    And is too delicate to ship.

Hi guys,

Count me in too.

Bill

I will be there as well Without the medical issues..

Mark
    Last edited by ImageLight; 04-07-2013 at 14:46. Reason: Wanted to scream :)

Myst and I very well may be coming this year. not sure on our schedule yet, but i'm sure we can't cook. Wish we could, but our work schedule(s) won't allow us to. It's going to be difficult enough just to make it a day or 2.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Regarding content for the auditorium, I didn't really run some of the stuff I had planned to last year but, the library is increasing and I've just finished cataloging and am now testing about 40 new beam shows that practically no one will have seen - along with hours and hours of other stuff. I've been working for several weeks on organizing and testing shows in a multitude of software platforms. It's all going on 2 new master external drives (one back up, one for circulation) and has everything I have gotten my hands on in Fiesta, Moncha, Quickshow, LD2000, BEYOND, Phoenix 4, Spaghetti, LSX, LAStudio, plus other unmentionables. All goes well, I'll have some new LFI stuff by then too.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i have some LSX stuff i'd kind of like to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Regarding content for the auditorium, I didn't really run some of the stuff I had planned to last year but, the library is increasing and I've just finished cataloging and am now testing about 40 new beam shows that practically no one will have seen - along with hours and hours of other stuff. I've been working for several weeks on organizing and testing shows in a multitude of software platforms. It's all going on 2 new master external drives (one back up, one for circulation) and has everything I have gotten my hands on in Fiesta, Moncha, Quickshow, LD2000, BEYOND, Phoenix 4, Spaghetti, LSX, LAStudio, plus other unmentionables. All goes well, I'll have some new LFI stuff by then too.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i have some LSX stuff i'd kind of like to show.
    That kinda goes without saying.

Anyone feel like volunteering to be the "traffic cop" to keep the shows running more or less continuously in the auditorium this year?

The lack of a concrete schedule in the auditorium has been one of our biggest failings in past years - at least in my opinion. Would really be nice to have a list of shows set up in advance this year.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    -- frantically jambs hand down into the couch
    -- checks all of the pockets of his jackets hanging up
    -- wonders how much he can get for the aluminum in that old projector
    -- begins scouring the neighborhood for empty cans and bottles
    -- would have a garage sale (if he had a garage)
    -- would have a yard sale (if he had a yard)
    -- wonders if it is too early in the year to rent self out as Santa Claus?
    -- wonders if he really needs all of these rocks
    -- wonders how much one really gets for a pint of blood
    $30 for a blood plasma session. That'll get you halfway in the door!

I'm going to check to see if I can snag those dates off of work and come down. This would be my first as well. It sounds like a fantastic time!