Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2013 (7th annual!) August 16th-18. Sign up now!

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Anyone feel like volunteering to be the "traffic cop" to keep the shows running more or less continuously in the auditorium this year?
    I would volunteer for this, if I didn't have to restart the Coherent every time someone flushes the toilet...

I wonder if we should put together a schedule by genre. Sorta like this:
    Friday 12-4pm - Pink Floyd shows
    Friday 4-8pm - Classic Rock
    etc.

That may not be as much of an issue this year. I'm trying to make sure we have access to the water supply in the pottery workshop for this year's event. That's a lot closer to the balcony than the outside hose bib we used for most of the event last year. (Remember that once we switched to the faucet in the pottery room, we had no further water problems with the Coherent...)

This year I need to make sure Amanda tells the pottery instructor that the room will not be available for work that weekend. Been trying to contact her all week, but she hasn't returned my calls...

As for the schedule, yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. If you can pull it off, it will be the first time we've actually had a published schedule in 7 years. (No pressure dude.)

Adam

In as well. Didn't read first page yet, but same laser setup in auditorium as last year?

Trying to get some new content also. Well some new old stuff.
    leading in trailing technology

Hey John;

Dude, where have you been? I've been trying to get in touch with you since before C-mas. Send me a PM with a good time to call and we'll chat.

As for the auditorium setup, it should be the same - yes. For sure we will have DZ's dual-head projector running off the same Coherent whitelight like last year. As for the solid state stuff, that still needs to be worked out. We had 5 RGB's on stage last year, but I can't remember who brought them all. We need to figure out which projectors we'll be using on stage this year...

Adam

Adam-- be sure to add the time for the door prize drawing-- & maybe a sign or two placed in a spot where all will see.

len

Hey John;

Dude, where have you been? I've been trying to get in touch with you since before C-mas. Send me a PM with a good time to call and we'll chat.

Adam
    PM sent.... LIFE crazy... believe it or not it isn't the wife. She encourages my crazy hobbies. Susan will be coming as well this year.

Anyone know if there is again the SELEM rate at the holiday inn>?
    Last edited by polishedball; 04-15-2013 at 10:39.
    leading in trailing technology

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hey John;

As for the auditorium setup, it should be the same - yes. For sure we will have DZ's dual-head projector running off the same Coherent whitelight like last year. As for the solid state stuff, that still needs to be worked out. We had 5 RGB's on stage last year, but I can't remember who brought them all. We need to figure out which projectors we'll be using on stage this year...

Adam
    Two were mine, three were Aarons. Is HE still alive?

Myst and I will be in attendance this year. Yaaahhhh!!!!

Pretty sure we'll have a projector this year instead of food.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    be sure to add the time for the door prize drawing-- & maybe a sign or two placed in a spot where all will see.
    Good point Len. Door prize drawings have typically been done on Saturday evening around 7 PM. But yeah, that should be posted on a sign or two...
    Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    PM sent.... LIFE crazy... believe it or not it isn't the wife. She encourages my crazy hobbies. Susan will be coming as well this year.
    Glad to see you're back. Looking forward to seeing you both at SELEM this year. Bring your technology demonstrators! I have a feeling there will be a market for them.
    Anyone know if there is again the SELEM rate at the holiday inn>?
    I need to call them and check. Will post back here with results. Also, I think there are still 3 rooms available at the Trotthouse Inn Bed and Breakfast...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    re: projectors on stage - Two were mine, three were Aarons. Is HE still alive?
    Yeah - he's just really busy at Pangolin these days. I'll check with him and see if he can bring the same projectors he had last time. If so, then we should be golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Myst and I will be in attendance this year. Yaaahhhh!!!!
    That's awesome news, Doug! Things have changed a bit since the last time you were at SELEM. The auditorium is a lot nicer now, and the new addition of "Club-SELEM" has been a huge hit!
    Pretty sure we'll have a projector this year instead of food.
    Sounds good! Brad and Len have been working on a simple food plan, and it looks like we might actually have access to the commercial kitchen this year, thanks to Brad! Details to follow soon...

Adam

Just got off the phone with the nice folks at the Holiday Inn Express. They're giving us the same discounted room rates as last year. $79 for a regular room, and $99 for a suite. You can call them direct at (828)-465-7070.

Also, they're not charging us for the use of the conference room for the entire time we're there, which is awesome. So be sure to say something nice to the people at the front desk when you book your room...

Adam